SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Need advice on magazine loader.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need advice on magazine loader. Login/Join 
posted
My adult daughter who has no shooting experience went out and purchased a Kimber Micro which is a 9mm scaled downed 1911. I am teaching her to shoot as well as gun safety, etc. but she is experiencing difficulty loading the magazine. Like the full sized 1911, it is a single stack. Holds six or seven rounds of 9mm. Do you have any recommendations for a commercially available loading assist device that would be of aid?

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Maglula, 12131 beat me to it. Wink

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Yep, one of the best inventions ever. No need to look any further. On most mags you need to load last one by hand though.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

For single stacks, I find the UpLULA with its add-on single stack alignment insert really helps. Even though the insert is easy to put on and take off, I keep two loaders now, one with the insert and regular one for double stacks.

Maglula single stack aligner insert.

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Uplula, your fingers and thumbs will thank you.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1 for the uplula. Doesn't get any better

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only thing better for loading magazines than an UpLULA is one of your kids loading your mags for you with an UpLULA. Man, I can't wait till mine are old enough!

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

For single stacks, I find the UpLULA with its add-on single stack alignment insert really helps. Even though the insert is easy to put on and take off, I keep two loaders now, one with the insert and regular one for double stacks.

Will load single stacks without it too.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Piling on:
Uplula, I have at least five for rifle and pistol mags.
( don't tell the Izi's, but after experiencing one I would almost gladly pay twice as much )

Cue the tough guys to start talking about not needing one lol.

quote:
Always outnumbered, Never out gunned.

Posts: 1339 | Location: Central Missouri | Registered: April 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I've had an UpLula for my double-stack magazines for years. Even my fingers, after almost 40 years of manual labor, get tired. HKS, of revolver speedloader fame, make magazine loaders as well, but are not nearly as well made.

quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
... On most mags you need to load last one by hand though.

Confused You put in the first round by hand, so the "beak" of the tool contacts the cartridge instead of directly on the magazine follower, which might scratch or gouge it, as most followers are plastic.

Posts: 27928 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

Will load single stacks without it too.

And I did so for a number of years. But one time using this insert sold me on it. It eliminates any "wobble" and makes the single stack stand up straight and proud Smile

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
I would suggest you do an internet search for an "UpLula". It's the greatest thing since disco.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
Held off from getting an UpLula for many years thinking why in the world do I need this.

I was wrong, I needed it.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I have a Baby UpLULA too, for my P238 .380 and my Beretta .22LR 87 Target. Could get by without it, but it's nice to have.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post