SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Urban Carry CC Holster
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Urban Carry CC Holster Login/Join 
Picture of NMDave
posted
I did a couple of searches and did not find anything on them here. I am looking at Urban Carry Holsters and wondering if anyone has tried one or have any thoughts good or bad. I am looking at them because with my beer keg (no six pack on this boy) it is very uncomfortable sitting with a typical IWB holster.

This LOOKS like it would keep from muzzle to grip below that fore mentioned keg I walk around with.

This guy is NOT a fan...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns5UKDp4fqY

More intersted in hearing what this group has to say.

Dave

Posts: 469 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That holster appears.... goofy. And I am somewhat tubby so I go OWB. YMMV.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Is that the “Like the footsteps of a Navy SEAL...” holster ad that was EVERYWHERE a year or two back. Always made me chuckle. Looked uncomfortable as all get out.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched the test/review, but decided long before the end that my money would never purchase a holster like that.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
Thank you all. Sometimes I can get sucked in on a gimmick... why I posted the question to this group. You just saved me $70! Will remember this when I do another KARMA

Dave

Posts: 469 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
That holster appears.... goofy. And I am somewhat tubby so I go OWB. YMMV.

I definitely agree OWB is much more comfortable and do so hunting, hiking, camping, etc. But, I have to be full conceal “around town” which pretty well dictates I carry my 365 in pocket and would really like to have my 229 or even 226 which I shoot much better.

Dave

Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine was over the weekend and showed me his new Urban Carry holster. I was very polite and did not laugh.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have carried a 229 in a Kangaroo Carry holster. There was a source here on the forum a while back that offered flat magazine baseplates which helped to conceal it. It hid fine under a loose fitting shirt. I cant recall the source for the flat baseplates now.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bob ramberg
posted Hide Post
So, any comments from someone who actually has one of these or has at least given it a dry run? I would be very interest in some first-hand experience.

Bob
Carpe Scrotum

Posts: 1366 | Location: Democratic Peoples Republic of Madiganistan | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bob ramberg:
So, any comments from someone who actually has one of these or has at least given it a dry run? I would be very interest in some first-hand experience.

Only responses are the ones in this thread. With the responses I received along with further research of on-line reviews I decided to invest in a good OWB for when I carry more than my 365 pocket carry.

Dave

posted Hide Post
I'd forgotten about this holster and this thread. After all it's been three weeks.

So I watched it again and really think, now, this is one of the worst holsters I have ever seen.

I love AIWB and IWB and carried in my front pocket for years and years. But this, in my opinion is just the pits.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post