SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Torn on which Sig P365 to get....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Torn on which Sig P365 to get.... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I went with the XL and then picked up a standard p365 grip. It is very easy and cheap to change the grip length but you cannot do the same for the slide.

Plus the XL comes milled for an optic if you choose to go that route. Also the XL magazines work in a standard P365 grip.

But what ever way you go, you cannot go wrong. They are both great pistols!

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie1:
The XL and PCR are almost identical in size,you're not really gaining anything over the PCR. In your case I would go with the regular 365 or SAS..

Like to compare:

https://www.handgunhero.com/co...vs-sig-sauer-p365-xl
And a bigger difference between the 365 and XL.. https://www.handgunhero.com/co...vs-sig-sauer-p365-xl

Posts: 2303 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I almost went with the 365XL. With the extended mag the 365 just felt good.

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arflattop
posted Hide Post
I started with the SAS, and while it ran perfectly and I shot it well, the fact that the sight picture disappeared when I held my hand 6 inches above the rear sight was unacceptable.

I traded in on a P365 which again ran perfectly, but I just didn’t shoot it as well as I should. Not sure why, but my groups weren’t as tight as I wanted. So, ive bought a P365XL, and am shooting it much better. Sight radius, balance? Don’t really know but it just points better for me.

As for FTF, etc. I’ve had no stoppages at all with any of the 3 pistols using Hornady Critical Defense ammunition.

JPFO Life Member

Posts: 1216 | Location: Heartland of KY | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Obvious
posted Hide Post
I appreciate everyone’s input so far. I feel it has gotten more difficult.

I will update this post when I decide and make a purchase. It will probably be about 2weeks to a month.

Posts: 3364 | Registered: July 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie1:
The XL and PCR are almost identical in size,you're not really gaining anything over the PCR. In your case I would go with the regular 365 or SAS..

Not exactly. 1.1" vs 1.38" in width and about 7 oz in weight is pretty noticeable if you ask me. The PCR is a great gun, but it is actually quite a bit larger then the 365XL.

Posts: 127 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I went with the P365 SAS. The sights are different and you don't use them like standard sights. I use them more the RMR. You have to practice bringing it up consistently. If you do, the sights will hit target. Yes, if you sit there and hold it really still, you can be more precise.

I can see where a lot of people can get frustrated with them. I think guys that have shot RMR at some length will shoot differently.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I went with the SAS variant. The sights Or lack there of, make it easy to tuck in my back pocket & has nothing to snag upon when I pull it.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I bought a plain jane 365 last March, IMHO it is perfect for CCW purposes.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I started with the standard P365. It shot fine, but I noticed I had to shift my hands slightly when I drew the gun from the holster. I attributed that to the size/shape of the grip.

I sold it and, later, bought the XL. It worked perfectly, was the right size in that I no longer had to shift my grip.

Then I bought another standard 365 and, wonder of wonders, I found I no longer shifted my grip after drawing the gun to get on target correctly.

I had (okay, still have) the hots for the SAS and for a Romeo Zero for the XL. I haven't been able to locate a SAS locally or the RX anywhere in the universe.

Rumor is the RZ will be "released" (whatever that means) on January 6th.

Two weeks ago the rumor was the same, only on

December 28th. Yeah, right.

So, torn one which one to get, uhhhh, all of 'em, I guess. If I could only have one-the XL.

Bob

Posts: 1558 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
Never shot the XL, but stock P365 is fantastic. Also have G19 Gen 4 and Tarus TX22. Like 'em all but Sig CCW.

Tinyman

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on

Posts: 315 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Obvious
posted Hide Post
So I ordered the regular P365 yesterday from lockedloaded.com

They were selling it for $481 shipped which is the bet I could find it for. It is the model with sig xray night sights and 2 10rd magazines.

My reasoning for going with the regular P365 is I have a CZ PCR and Glock 19 if I want to carry a larger firearm. When I compared the P365 XL to the G19 the P365XL is 4.8" tall and the G19 is 5.02" tall.

The height is the hardest for me to conceal as I prefer OWB so I felt for my use case the regular P365 was the best for me.

Thank you everyone for your input. Just so you know I still want a P365 XL but it isn't in the budget right now.

Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
I went with the standard 365 after a lot of pondering. Ultimately I decided that for a concealed carry gun, I could always make the P365 grip longer (with the 12 and 15 round mags), but I could never make the XL shorter, at least not without switching to a standard 365 grip frame. I also did not see myself wanting to mess with an optic on it as the options in optics for a micro gun currently do not interest me.

I bet you would be happy with either one, though. They really are an amazing gun to carry.

I'm waiting for someone to chime in with their experiences with swapping a XL grip onto a regular 365 slide, gaining the advantage of mag capacity, stock grip, and shorter overall slide length.

Posts: 3238 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AJF
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your decision.
I’m positive you will tell us that you like it.
I didn’t want to be a wise guy and say by both the original 365 & the XL, as I have not yet done that, but will.
At this moment in time I have the hybrid 365/SAS
I bought the original and added the SAS slide.
I thought of getting the XL frame, but will opt to purchase the complete XL pistol.

In the Glock category I have the G43 and G 48, I can swap the slides, but don’t. I like each pistol for what it is and I feel that’s how it will be when I get an XL.

Good luck. I hope to read some great reports from you.

Posts: 66 | Registered: May 05, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sphill:
So I already have a G19 and CZ PCR for carry guns. However I am drawn to the P365. I like the looks and quite frankly the capacity to size ratio.

I figure I have waited long enough for all the kinks to be worked out. When I originally was interested in the P365, only the base model was out. How there is the P365XL as well.

I am now torn on which I should get. My gut tells me stick with the regular P365 but my concern for regret tells me to get the P365XL.

Can anyone provide some insight into one way or the other? Thanks guys and gals.

I bought one a year ago so its the basic model, I love it. I'm waiting on Sig offer up a 365 optic ready model in the non XL size.

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Obvious
posted Hide Post
The 365XL is optics cut. It just requires a micro red dot

posted Hide Post
Great choice. I was amazed at how much larger the XL was comparatively. For me, it kind of negated the whole conceal carry gun size,especially for Florida weather.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sphill:
So I already have a G19 and CZ PCR for carry guns. However I am drawn to the P365. I like the looks and quite frankly the capacity to size ratio.

I figure I have waited long enough for all the kinks to be worked out. When I originally was interested in the P365, only the base model was out. How there is the P365XL as well.

I am now torn on which I should get. My gut tells me stick with the regular P365 but my concern for regret tells me to get the P365XL.

Can anyone provide some insight into one way or the other? Thanks guys and gals.

I had both, really liked both, and wound up trading off the smaller P365 and buying the P365 grip module to use with the XL FCU and upper. It’s really nice to have one holster bur three choices of grips: 10 round, 12 with spacer, or 12 round no spacer. The flat trigger is a nice upgrade from the P365, too.

When I had both, I tried all configurations.

365 frame with XL upper and XL FCU is my favorite.

(It’s like the old Kahr Coverts, and I thought those were really nice.)

XL frame and FCU with 365 upper is nice, but feels a little unbalanced and doesn’t stay as stable with IWB for me.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Obvious
posted Hide Post
I already have the flat trigger on the way