SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sarsilmaz SAR-9: Glock + H&K?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sarsilmaz SAR-9: Glock + H&K? Login/Join 
posted
What happens when you stick the top half of a Glock onto the bottom half of a H&K VP9. Gotta hand it to the Turks. They take proven designs (on which the patents have presumably expired), add a tweak here and there, and sell it as their own. This particular model has actually gotten a lot of positive reviews and is supposedly the (or one of the) official handgun of the Turkish military:

http://www.sarusa.com/sar9.aspx

Posts: 204 | Registered: July 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
They make a good ad. It could be a good one but I got more pistols than I need now so I'll pass.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Meh. If I was looking for an off brand striker fired pistol I would look at the IWI Masada for not much more. It has no cheesy safety plus it has optic cut from the factory.

https://iwi.net/masada/

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a SAR9 for a truck gun. I must say I am pleasantly surprised by this pistol. 25yd shots on a 10inch plate were nothing for this gun. The trigger is predictable, grip is comfortable nice low bore axis. Plus I only paid 295 for it. I have had lots of Sigs, glocks, HK smith you name it I have had em. I am definitely gonna keep it around and may get another for daily CCW

Posts: 379 | Registered: January 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Just got a SAR K2-45 - still breaking it in. So far I'm impressed.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4577 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
Meh. If I was looking for an off brand striker fired pistol I would look at the IWI Masada for not much more. It has no cheesy safety plus it has optic cut from the factory.

https://iwi.net/masada/
I would also check out Canik which is also from Turkey.

The Canik tp9sfx is an excellent pistol.

Posts: 3920 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am quite pleased with the SAR9 I shot. Very soft-shooting. The thumb-safety was workable, too. Although, I know this gun comes equipped with, or without one at your choice. To me, the Masada feels like an improved Ruger American...and that's about all I could say for it, LOL.

Posts: 383 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks more like a PPQ lower than VP9 (aside from the HK-like replaceable panels), but I get the gist.

During the last really major crush--post-Newtown--the shop managed to get a few of the Sars in after almost all the usual "hi-cap" suspects went bu-bye. Wasn't particularly impressed by those then; a somewhat wonky action, meh triggers. So what makes them better now? The sculpted, textured, and paneled grip?

As lower-tier, up-and-coming brands go, Canik is now a known and has become a very well-respected entity. Sar-USA to me is still trying to find its way eight years on from where they were in 2012. Perhaps they really are better than they were, but I'll stick with the known one.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
Sar-USA to me is still trying to find its way eight years on from where they were in 2012.

I just found out about a the Sar K-12 Sport. Looks like an impressive, full-featured clone of the Tanfoglio Stock II. Best of all, ppl online were reporting finding them for around $600.

When I looked online for reviews, there were quite a few owners reporting rear sight screws falling out or missing altogether out of the box... roll pins falling out, sloppiness in magazine well...

It seems to be a project gun - i.e., something that needs work out of the box. Less than half the price of a Shadow 2, but are you willing to put the work into it?

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post