SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Pachmayr Dominator - update - new 1911 parts installed
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pachmayr Dominator - update - new 1911 parts installed Login/Join 
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
if those PPC grips work, go for it, they are nice looking,

if you feel you need a shelf, a set of these work well ,

http://www.bullseyegear.com/bu...uct.php?productid=32

not as much of a palm swell tho,
I have a set on a Clark long heavy 45,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
If you get a flat main spring housing it will point lower. Wink

I'd have one in 44 mag, but I'd probably be thinking about shortening it.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Well, going with modern trends I need to port it and add lightening cuts...

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RB211
posted Hide Post
Ha! Blast from the past! I built one of these in .308 years ago for a customer at the gun shop I worked at in the early '90's. It was a beast!

Posts: 2039 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Oh I'll make a range report, but I don't expect it will be as extreme as a rifle caliber one.

Arc.

Picture of RB211
posted Hide Post
I ended up having a gunsmith make a custom brake for it to tame it down. It wasn't bad at all to shoot after that, but damn, that thing was a serious flamethrower!! LOL

Posts: 2039 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am probably a little late, but the Sig store has similar appearing walnut target grips on sale for $29. I don't know the manufacturer and they may not have the same palm swell, but may be worth a look.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Those probably are Nills, not too many grips look like Nills. But I'll bet a nickel they say Sig on them, which would be weird.

Arc.

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Buy them and put them on. Then when you get bored with it you can list this "rare" uncatalogued prototype SIG in the classified for quadruple your money.

Heck if you can get a SIG 1911 frame for it the sky's the limit! Big Grin

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dusty3030:
I remember those. That was back in the fun days when you scrambled for the latest gun digest annual and wished for all those cool things you never saw in the wild. You know, before the internet and all.

Yep, that's the way it was, not really that long ago either.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I knew someone back in the day that had one of those. I never paid attention to it, I thought it was kind of weird. I haven't seen him in years so I don't know if he still has it.

Enjoy your new "toy"......

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
Those probably are Nills, not too many grips look like Nills. But I'll bet a nickel they say Sig on them, which would be weird.

They do. I don't care as much about that as some. I just wanted to post a cheaper alternative, since you are spending quite a bit of coin already.
I have a set of the Sig G10 magwell grips on a Springer custom gun. I looked at it as $20 from Sig or $60+ from hogue for the same thing. I can live with the script for a 66% savings. Gonna be a cool build either way.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arlen
posted Hide Post
Arsenal Firearms AF2011A1 double barrel semi-auto handgun.

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================

Posts: 408 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:

They do. I don't care as much about that as some. I just wanted to post a cheaper alternative, since you are spending quite a bit of coin already.
I have a set of the Sig G10 magwell grips on a Springer custom gun. I looked at it as $20 from Sig or $60+ from hogue for the same thing. I can live with the script for a 66% savings. Gonna be a cool build either way.

Actually, the overall size of the grip is what I'm after, I measured my hand with Nills guide, and I'm XL. Also, those Sig grips have a mag slot, not the shelf that I want. So, it's not really about cost or the logo.

quote:
Originally posted by arlen:
Arsenal Firearms AF2011A1 double barrel semi-auto handgun.

You own one of these? Is it actually fun? It looks like it would be like holding a brick.

Arc.

Cold Ass Honkey
Picture of Sig Vicious
posted Hide Post
Novelty, you say?
Let's not forget this flashlight/SMG from Magpul.

https://youtu.be/enzlTEysYVU

------------------------------
Never fully gruntled.

Posts: 2173 | Location: OR-ee-GUN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arlen
posted Hide Post
It IS like holding a brick. The influence of one projectile upon the other results in extreme inaccuracy in just a few yards. Point of impact is many inches apart at 20 yards. Kicks like a mule.
I purchased this pistol as an investment for my grandchildren. The handgun is a novelty and totally impractical.

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================

Posts: 408 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arlen:
It IS like holding a brick. The influence of one projectile upon the other results in extreme inaccuracy in just a few yards. Point of impact is many inches apart at 20 yards. Kicks like a mule.
I purchased this pistol as an investment for my grandchildren. The handgun is a novelty and totally impractical.

Bummer that it's so inaccurate. I'm skeptical of any non-NFA firearm purchased as an investment. In that sense you're better off with Bitcoin.

It is definitely an interesting piece of engineering.

Arc.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
New parts arrived, I enjoyed filing away to make them fit. Sometime I'll build a 1911 I think.

This'll be my first flat trigger. C+S hammer and sear, reduced power mainspring, beavertail grip safety, extended thumb safety.

As long as the reduced power mainspring does the job I'll keep it, otherwise it's back up to stock strength. The hammer and sear were definitely worth it, the trigger pull is damn good for mostly drop in parts. I do like the flat trigger, I'll shoot it some and ponder putting it in other guns. There may well be something to the flat trigger business.

The "drop in" beavertail grip safety is about what I expected, I think in the future I'd be happy to get the jig and do the frame for a proper one. Beyond that, it'll get me that higher hold I'm after, so I'm not too worried about looks.

The Nills'll have to wait a bit, I got stuck replacing my Iphone over the weekend, that's a story in itself. Fuck YOU Apple. Regardless, I'm pleased with the trigger now, and will get the grips in time.

Arc.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Oh hell yes, I've shot that flat trigger and its excellent. I've contoured a frame with the jig you mentioned and fitted a beautiful beavertail GS to a stainless Springfield. I used to have a sweet fixture and quality stones for the trigger job. According to my long time bullseye shooter friend, my trigger was better than his Clark built .38 Special 1911. Sinse I ended up owning his Clark gun, I had the same oppinion. You might need a shooting glove Arc... Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post