SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Pachmayr Dominator - update - new 1911 parts installed
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pachmayr Dominator - update - new 1911 parts installed Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
What's novelty to you Arc, makes me feel old because I've seen these advertised for years. Confused Maybe I am getting older. I got to fondle a Wildey magnum years back at the Denver Gun Show. It was cool but I still like a DE better. Especially with all the cool barrel lengths.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
They were certainly advertised when in production, which stopped in the early 90's. I would agree that the Wildey isn't as cool as the DE, but it too has interchangeable barrel lengths.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IIRC, You could get extra barrels of various lengths too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16090 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pizza Bob
posted Hide Post
Neither silly or a novelty. These were produced in answer to the demand generated by Handgun Metallic Silhouette. Rifle caliber single shots ruled the roost. I shot a TC Contender in .30 Herrett in Production and an XP100 chambered in .308 Win, full length, in Unlimited. Didn't see many Dominators, but they had their use.

Doubt if I could get into the Creedmore position to fire these at this point in time - for some reason my body doesn't bend like that anymore.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 1450 | Location: Central NJ | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Here we are:

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Hey, That is cool. Looks like they worked in the safeties and everything.

Posts: 9153 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Very cool, Arc. Can you do a picture of the bolt and loading gate?

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post

Arc.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post

Arc.

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Thanks Arc. Very cool. Loads like a French 75!

That is neat. I would enjoy owning that. Congratulations on a great find.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
you know to complete that package you need to ditch those wood grips an put a set of Pachmayr's on it, Smile

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember those. That was back in the fun days when you scrambled for the latest gun digest annual and wished for all those cool things you never saw in the wild. You know, before the internet and all.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
you know to complete that package you need to ditch those wood grips an put a set of Pachmayr's on it, Smile

I was thinking more in the line of these.

Arc.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Those are some cool grips...

Looks like you're all set. Big Grin

Posts: 9153 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but, Nills on a Pachmeyer pistol? Heresy!! Razz

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Heck of a neat gun!

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8852 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
If Pachmyr made something with that much meat, I'd be in.

The Nills have a nice palm swell, I've got big hands. The shelf will also help. Basically a better grip for recoil than the slabs on there now.

I'm also replacing all the guts with quality parts, for what should be a very light trigger. So, I'm about to put about $500 into this thing, and turn it into a monster.

I called Springfield Inc. today. The frame was sold by itself in 1986, Imbel made. So, it's only ever been a Dominator.

The trigger, safety etc. are all basic, and squishy. So, components of higher quality that are made for little or no fitting are on order. A modern hi-ride beavertail, flat trigger, yeah. Monster.

Arc.

posted Hide Post
Are you going to mod the frame for a fitted grip safety? If not I don't know what one would necessarily gain you in that set up with those Nills, especially a drop in unit. I'd go a step further if I were you and pin the dang grip safety that came with it in, what does having that extra safety gain you in that single shot configuration?
They are easy to pin and all you need is to drill the mainspring housing and the bottom of the grip safety, don't need any mod to the frame.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sweet Chuckie
posted Hide Post
While a wee bit different, a friend of mine, L C Sheline (http://www.nramt.com/index.html), makes a kit in some crazy calibers. I had one for a while on a Colt GC frame, in 30-06 caliber. It's built on the Clerke idea, which L C now owns. You should check out his website, as he's a heck of a nice guy......... Smile

Posts: 250 | Location: White Sulphur Springs, MT | Registered: December 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dusty3030:
Are you going to mod the frame for a fitted grip safety? If not I don't know what one would necessarily gain you in that set up with those Nills, especially a drop in unit. I'd go a step further if I were you and pin the dang grip safety that came with it in, what does having that extra safety gain you in that single shot configuration?
They are easy to pin and all you need is to drill the mainspring housing and the bottom of the grip safety, don't need any mod to the frame.

This drops in. I don't like the GI grip safety or spur hammer, and prefer the higher hold a beavertail gets you. Since there is no slide, hammer or slide bite obviously isn't a problem. Pinning the grip safety would be work.

Arc.