SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P938 vs. P365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P938 vs. P365 Login/Join 
posted
Both of these are 9mm. How do they compare, I did a short search but didn't see anything comparing these 2.
Thanks for any feedback!

Posts: 471 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
The 365 isn’t out yet so I’m real world experience your guess is as good as anyone’s. Otherwise one is a single action only hammer fired and holds 6-8 rounds, the other is striker fired holding 10-12 rounds.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The trigger on the 938 is a bit stiff for a single action pistol but it’s a very easy gun to shoot well with, it will honestly surprise you how accurate it is for such a small pistol

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Concerning the 365 I was able to only do a comparison on paper to two other guns: the 938 and the Ruger LC9.

The Sig 365 compares most favorably with the LC9 in ways that count.....same size (relatively speaking) weight, and both striker Fired. Here's the problem.....we have two almost identical guns and the fixed sight LC has a price tag of $299 while the Sig has a price tag of $599.

I had an LC9 and loved the gun. Totally reliable, accurate and pocketable. I will replace it.I do have a 938 and is my EDC. The 938 is all metal, smaller and lighter than the 365 and most obviously single action only; made to be carried cocked and locked.

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stroonz:
Here's the problem.....we have two almost identical guns and the fixed sight LC has a price tag of $299 while the Sig has a price tag of $599.
Ummm, WHAT? Does it hold 10 +1 rounds and come standard with night sights? Additionally, since they aren't on the streets yet, I'm not sure anyone knows what the actual price will be after a month or two... They may well sell for MAP for a while based strictly on availability(see pricing trends for the G42/3), but come on.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been off the board for a few days. Thanks for the input. I have a 938 which does shoot really well for a small gun. I have been curious about the365 though.

Posts: 471 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I went to my LGS to buy a 320 X Carry yesterday. They had a P 365 on display. Felt great in the hand and a nice trigger. I didn't get the X Carry but pre ordered a P365.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Considering the only people that I have any significant time on the 365 are the employees at the SIG Academy, I'd say take any and all comments at this point with a grain of salt.

However, the guys at the academy like it. A lot. And they are a fickle bunch. I think SIG will sell a ton of them, and it will be a hit in magazine capacity restriction states.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too am curious to learn more about the p365, yet I am not likely to change from the P938/micro9 with which I currently am very happy! 7-8rnds of 9mm is more than enough for pocket carry (w/1 spare Mag.)

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cnewcomer
posted Hide Post
This is the first review with calipers in hand. Finally!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KaumRGDm2g

Posts: 9 | Location: NC | Registered: November 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own a 938 and handled a 365 at Sig the other night. Feels nice, held it alongside a 938 on display there and they're damn near the same size. The 365 might be a tiny, tiny bit wider in the grip. The trigger on the 938 isn't anything special but I did like the trigger on the 365. I feel like the little pinky grip on the magazine is a bit smaller than the one on the 938 so it's a bit tougher to get a full grip on with my hands than the 938.

Posts: 2189 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone know of a Sig dealer in the Raleigh, NC area with the P365 in stock?

Thank you,

SIG P229 Legion 9 mm
Springfield XDs 3.3" 9 mm

Posts: 7 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
I had a 238 and didnt care for the cocked and locked safety.

Posts: 7398 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post