SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta 1951 question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 1951 question Login/Join 
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted
I bought a 1951 on a whim because it was dirt cheap and I have a weakness for pizza guns

Question

Can I shoot modern 9mm ammo through this thing?

It won't get shot a lot...it's just cool

It's says P Beretta 1955 on the side...no import marks or anything which is pretty cool

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sure, you can use modern ball 9mm, just no +p loads. As it's marked 1955, does it have an "E" prefix serial number and the heel magazine release?

Posts: 32 | Registered: December 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
You are probably safe with SAAMI spec 9mm. I would not use +P.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, and yes, anything additional I need to know about those? Thank you

quote:
Originally posted by herd118:
Sure, you can use modern ball 9mm, just no +p loads. As it's marked 1955, does it have an "E" prefix serial number and the heel magazine release?

——————————————————

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
Yes, and yes, anything additional I need to know about those? Thank you

quote:
Originally posted by herd118:

It's one of the Egyptian contract 1951 pistols from circa 1955 to 1960. The magazines are not interchangeable with the button release magazines of the standard 1951.

Posts: 32 | Registered: December 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Huh. Wonder if it has one of those mags in it. The only thing I noticed as a potential issues is the mag is a pain in the ass to get in and out and scrapes horribly as I do it

——————————————————

186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Sorry, what is a "pizza gun"? Any gun made in Italy?

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me pizza guns are berettas, mainly with the exposed barrel
Like the 80 and 90 series

Although I have taken to referring to the APX as the pizza glock. Now that I have an APX it's more like a pizza M&P...but that doesn't have the same ring to it

quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:

——————————————————

It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
For me pizza guns are berettas, mainly with the exposed barrel
Like the 80 and 90 series

Although I have taken to referring to the APX as the pizza glock. Now that I have an APX it's more like a pizza M&P...but that doesn't have the same ring to it

quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:

Thank you. I own an 80s Beretta Cheetah .22LR, and I was wondering if "pizza gun" was a negative term? I love Berettas, and I appreciate the info. I am learning. This is why I lurked here for so many years, before posting very much. The more I read here, the more I realize what I don't know!

I guess I love my pizza gun! Smile

posted Hide Post
The 80s series Beretta may be my favorite looking gun

The funny thing is when I was in the Army I hated the m9. If you told me I would like a 92 I would have laughed at you. Then I got an Elite II in a trade.

Now I have my Wilson Combat brigadier....holy hell what a gun

This 1951 is basically the granddaddy Wink

Pizza gun is definitely a term of affection for me

And I'm glad you're here. I own only one sig. and for many years didn't own any. They aren't my favorite guns. But this is the only forum I regularly post to and follow. Best one on the net. As you can see I've been here a while now too. But damn, you're old school!

——————————————————

It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
The 80s series Beretta may be my favorite looking gun

The funny thing is when I was in the Army I hated the m9. If you told me I would like a 92 I would have laughed at you. Then I got an Elite II in a trade.

Now I have my Wilson Combat brigadier....holy hell what a gun

This 1951 is basically the granddaddy Wink

Pizza gun is definitely a term of affection for me

Very cool. I need to get up to speed with posting pics. I have a sweet 80s Cheetah. Love those Berettas. BTW I am getting ready to buy my first Wilson next year. Waiting for that new 9mm to hit the market. BTW I am not "old school" around here. I am just a lurker, with great respect for my "elders". Trust me on that. And, thank you for your service, Sir.

Agree, this is the best gun forum on the Net, by a long shot! Kudos to Para and LBJ.

Sorry for the thread-drift, Kevbo.

Picture of CAR
posted Hide Post
I would stick with a lighter 9mm load such as Winchester 115 grain white box. The reason being if you broke something on the pistol, it will be difficult to find replacement parts.

I own a Beretta 1951 myself. I think they are great old pistols, mine shoots very well.

Posts: 926 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my slightly beat up example. I do stick to regular pressure 115 gr loads when it gets out to the range.

Bill R

Posts: 1121 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys! I have WWB that will be it's only diet

I think I will take my suppressed 70 in .22 to the range with this one. Call it the Mossad special

——————————————————

Picture of 2tonicP220
posted Hide Post
These and the 92s are my favorite concerning feel - My hands are too big for the M9/92, where I find their short front-strap, with flared lower portion uncomfortable. Regardless, I still own both, as I enjoy their history, and owning an armed forces marked service weapon. They took the P38 and ran with it, and did a great job to boot. Nice guns indeed.

Posts: 2049 | Location: NW PA | Registered: March 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post