SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Hk p7 m8
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hk p7 m8 Login/Join 
posted
What does Chantilly mean? Hope i spelled that right. I see that another. TIA.

Posts: 948 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: November 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was imported/sold by the HK distributor in Chantilly, VA. Meaning it was not a police trade in, but a gun sold OTC.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chantilly is where it was imported to. All of the pistols were made in Germany but the Chantilly models have some slight differences- sights and trigger width. The Chantilly models seem to command higher prices, well at least they did in the past. I had one years ago and it was a great gun but for whatever reason, I couldn't shoot it well and wound up selling it. Now the prices are insane and only getting higher. Mags alone are commanding $100 or more/piece.

Posts: 6871 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok. Thank you very much. This is marked Trussville Alabama. 11/85. Not the most desirable one I guess. Thank you for your response. Have a great day.

Posts: 948 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: November 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
I had one years ago and it was a great gun but for whatever reason, I couldn't shoot it well

Isn’t funny how we all have certain guns that should be trivial to shoot easily but for whatever we cannot.

For me it’s Wilson Combat 1911s. Weird I know.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7674 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
A couple days ago I saw P7M8 in decent shape listed locally for $950. Of course it sold instantly. I would have jumped on it if I had seen it earlier.

Posts: 3185 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Chantilly is a town in Fairfax County, VA. It was probably nothing more than a PO Box back when new P7s had that stamp. But these days it's a booming suburb. When I last lived there, I think there was about one gun store in the area.

Posts: 3518 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was told that HK bought a large enough plot of land in Chantilly to build a factory if they won the 1985 military handgun trials. When they were not selected it was cheaper to move to Sterling, VA. The Chantilly site is now occupied by law enforcement.

Posts: 13 | Registered: July 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m curious is that the training facility on Willard road? I am from Fairfax County, Va. 50 west is the only shop in Chantilly I can think of. They used to be nice people now not so much....

Posts: 119 | Location: Locust Grove, Virginia | Registered: November 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
Chantilly is where it was imported to. All of the pistols were made in Germany but the Chantilly models have some slight differences- sights and trigger width. The Chantilly models seem to command higher prices, well at least they did in the past. I had one years ago and it was a great gun but for whatever reason, I couldn't shoot it well and wound up selling it. Now the prices are insane and only getting higher. Mags alone are commanding $100 or more/piece.

Not completely correct Pat. The features you speak of are early features of the M8, but not necessarily synonymous with all the Chantilly imported examples.

Here's one of my M8's from the first year of production (1984)

Posts: 1324 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dan5689:
What does Chantilly mean? Hope i spelled that right. I see that another. TIA.
You kust be a newbie to the HK world, I am die hard HK fan and own lots of HK pistol and long rifle. I see you have a P7. Do you mind telling us about it ?

Posts: 105 | Registered: March 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
More P7 pics

Posts: 2299 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was at one of the LGS's a couple weeks ago and a customer was picking up a transfer of a P7M10. Yep, .40 S&W P7.

Never saw one before, and probably never will again.

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
I was at one of the LGS's a couple weeks ago and a customer was picking up a transfer of a P7M10. Yep, .40 S&W P7.

I had one years ago. I didn't care for it, but I sold it for double what I paid.

Picture of Catalina
posted Hide Post
Yes horrible gun the P7M10.

What troubles the 40S&W has wrought. Bulbous fat slides, horrible recoil, low capacity. Yuk.

Go Glock - until you can afford H&K (or Sig!)

Posts: 246 | Location: O-H ! ___________ I-O ! | Registered: February 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:

better known as the brick, I had one I think it weighed 30 lbs. the p7m8 are nice but dam do they get hot after a few mags.

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
More P7 pics

The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
I have an older P7

Chantilly also had some very nice presentation cases made for the P7s,

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
@bac1023: I love the fat trigger on the P7M8 in your first set of pics. Also noticed the date for the pictured P7M13 is "AA". I didn't realize they made the M13 as late as 2000. When did production of that model stop?

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
@bac1023: I love the fat trigger on the P7M8 in your first set of pics. Also noticed the date for the pictured P7M13 is "AA". I didn't realize they made the M13 as late as 2000. When did production of that model stop?

They weren’t discontinued. They just weren’t imported during the magazine ban in the US. In this case, it was privately imported some years later.

The M13 was stopped when the M8 was, circa 2003-2004.