SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 19 Gen 5 MOS new owner
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 19 Gen 5 MOS new owner Login/Join 
Picture of pointman73
posted
Picked up my blue label 19, put on the suppressor sights and Vickers parts. After I put on the #02 adapter plate and Holosun 507C, I brought it up to eye level and couldn't see the sights through the glass. I immediately saw that the Holosun was canted due to the long screws which ended up bending the adaptor plate. I rolled my eyes and did what I could to fix the plate and eventually said fuck it.

I found articles stating that shorter screws are needed and ordered a set.

Anyone else have a frustrating time with the MOS?

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

Posts: 104 | Location: From Philly, now in middle GA | Registered: June 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What frustrates most people is that using the MOS takes some other part not widely discussed. I wouldn't ever use a holoson, but on an RMR its that you need the AC32064 plate to solve the same issue of the correct screws and a sealing plate. so good luck and hopefully its relatively easy to get the parts you need.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine sits on there fine. Any chance you got shorter screws with the holosun? If not maybe pick up some rmr screws.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of highlander81
posted Hide Post
I picked up a gen5 G17 MOS a couple of weeks ago. Yes, I needed the short screw kit to mount an RMR. Frustrating? A bit. I wanted to play with my new toy. Once I got it all sorted out , hindsight told me it was just learning how to get a new to me system set up.

We don’t know what we don’t know til we encounter it.

Posts: 444 | Location: Southern Alberta, Canada | Registered: April 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pointman73
posted Hide Post
Just got off the phone with Glock and they will be sending a new plate kit. The tech recommended to attach the plate to the red dot and then file down the screws before mounting to the pistol. Makes sense and is something I should have done beforehand, but I was just eager to get this system up and running without realizing the screws were long.

I ordered the right screws from Battle Werx.

Lesson learned and I hope this thread saves someone from cursing and ordering new parts.

Posts: 104 | Location: From Philly, now in middle GA | Registered: June 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, Battle Werx, was unknown to me, but found them with a search. They have "correct" mounting screws for several sights/combinations. They were very prompt as I remember.

Just part of the learning curve ... (I told myself.)

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pointman73
posted Hide Post
Regardless of how many years of experience one has as an armed professional, armorer, and instructor, there are humbling learning moments. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Glad it sounds like its sorted. Please let us know how it turns out.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
I wouldn't ever use a holoson

Don't knock it until you've tried it. The 507c is a real contender.

Posts: 5161 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pointman73
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of the folks that say they would never carry a Glock. No product is perfect, not even, dare I type, the royal RMR.

To some, if you aren't appendix carrying, using an RMR, have your pistol stippled, using a Zev or other trigger, have a Surefire light, all next to a clinch pick, you aren't cool enough.

posted Hide Post
I have both and actually went with the 507c. I like the reticle better and under testing it performed as well as the Aimpoint Acro. The RMR is the most durable and tested certainly but I'm happy with my 507c and trust it. YMMV of course we all have to make our own choices.

posted Hide Post
What's a clinch pick?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
What's a clinch pick?

Stabby/slicey thing that is quite popular

https://tripleaughtdesign.com/...ivworks-clinch-pick/

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pointman73:
Just got off the phone with Glock and they will be sending a new plate kit. The tech recommended to attach the plate to the red dot and then file down the screws before mounting to the pistol. Makes sense and is something I should have done beforehand, but I was just eager to get this system up and running without realizing the screws were long.

I ordered the right screws from Battle Werx.

Lesson learned and I hope this thread saves someone from cursing and ordering new parts.

Could you please post a link to the screws you ordered? Might need a set of those.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pointman73
posted Hide Post
Sure thing home skillet.

Here is a link to their screws page.
Battle Werx

Here are the screws for the Holosun 507C on a Glock MOS.
Holosun/MOS

Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Thank you sir!

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pointman73
posted Hide Post
Got the new adapter kit and Battle Werks screws and everything came together perfectly.

Now it's range time for this thing.

Kudos to Glock for great service.

*** Update, for the Battle Werx screws, use a 5/64" Allen head. They don't send one with the screws, make sure you have a set.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pointman73,