SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 9mm Caliber Exchange Kit
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 9mm Caliber Exchange Kit Login/Join 
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted
Quick question:

I just got a new P320 9mm caliber exchange kit for my .40 S&W pistol, which is about two years old. Included in the case is the new style slide release lever.

I really don't like the new slide release lever and would just like to use my current grip frame. My question is: The slide stop notches in the 9mm slide are a tiny bit shorter in length than in my .40 S&W slide. Will that make any difference, or are the new slides made specifically to work with the new slide stop levers?

When I rack the slide with an empty magazine inserted, it locks back like it should, but I want to make sure before I take it out and qualify with the pistol.

Thanks!

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Man, with all of the super smart SIGophiles here, no one knows the answer to this question?

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My only suggestion: shoot it and see before you Q.
It is my understanding that the older slide release will not work with the newer "improved" grip frames. As far as the slides are concerned, I don't know if there is any change to them since the adoption of the new grip frame.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
are the new slides made specifically to work with the new slide stop levers?

No, only the grip frame which can be modified with a low speed Dremel.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4264 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some good info on Old/New style FCU & Grip Frame Modules (w/pics):

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935&m=1370004124

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post