SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    118 years (give or take) of JM Browning genius!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

118 years (give or take) of JM Browning genius! Login/Join 
posted
I found me a FN 1900!

Actually patent # 621,747 is dated 1899, and I am led to believe that design work began in 1896. And my example is probably from around 1903-1907 based on SN. So call it at least 111 years young...

The first pistol with what we think of as a "slide" that encloses the barrel. So popular in Europe that once introduced, any small automatic was commonly referred to as a "Browning".

I'm just fired up to have one. Apologies for the less good cell phone pictures, but I didn't want to dig out the real camera. I love the proof marks everywhere on this thing!

Bill R

Posts: 1117 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

If you want to know more about the history of your pistol and its brethren, I highly recommend Anthony Vanderlinden's book FN Browning Pistols: Side-Arms that Shaped World History.

https://www.amazon.com/Brownin...istory/dp/0970799799

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Long term ammoholic
Picture of gunnutty
posted Hide Post
The start of a long line of fine firearms.

Posts: 670 | Location: North Central Arkansas | Registered: February 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I don't know a thing about what you got there, but it, and especially your photography looks freaking awesome!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I don't know a thing about what you got there, but it, and especially your photography looks freaking awesome!

This!!!

I always enjoy your photography.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm worked up about finding an early 1903 now... and of course, assuming I win the lottery a nice Colt 1900 or, budget-wise a 1903 Pocket Hammer.

Bill R

Posts: 1117 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post