SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig Sauer P239 DAO
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Sauer P239 DAO Login/Join 
posted
It appears that the Sig Sauer P239 DAO in 9mm are pretty scarce. There are no listings on the Gunbroker or other websites. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Posts: 1 | Registered: June 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
DAO in the SIG platform isn't very common or popular - especially since SIG made their own DAK version in which seemed to supplant original DAO offerings to a large degree.

Honestly I don't know if they made a DAO P239, but I know they made a DAK P239.

Personally I'd only take a DAO/DAK SIG if the price was ludicrously low and in 9MM. Like $300 or less low.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
According to my 2002 factory armorer manual, the P239 was available in a DAO version. Based on the illustration in the manual, when the DAO hammer was installed in the pistol I can’t see how it would be possible to distinguish it from the normal DA/SA hammer. The DAO pistol would, however, not have a decocking lever. I suspect that DAO P239s were even less common than other model DAO pistols, and the latter were very rare.

P239s with DAK triggers, however, were readily available at one time, and that’s a type of DAO system. DAK P239s obviously do not have decocking levers either, and their hammer is somewhat different in appearance from the DA/SA hammer. The DAK hammer is smooth without any engagement grooves to facilitate manual cocking.

Welcome to the forum, BTW. Smile

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 239 was in fact available in DAO. I know because I own one. I have however converted it to DA/SA

Posts: 5732 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I have a 239 DAO. I had Grayguns work on it, and it's very slick. I often carry it.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
The P239 DAO was an option for NYPD. They pop up for sale on Gunbroker. I like the DAO models.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Just to say it, for years I carried a DA/SA decock only pistol of one sort or another... but for the last year I've switched to DAO... just to see... I know that in most close on shooting situations, say within 20ft I personally can pretty much drill center mass with double action only.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
I got one in DAK a few months ago (right before they discontinued it), it's as sweet as any P-239.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
My first SiG was a 229 DAK. I'd pretty much been a rifle person, and my only pistol till then was a CZ-52. And every handgun I'd shot was DA/SA.

I became fond of my 229 for the great sights and the smooth action. But I was used to the slimmer profile of a single-stack, so I ordered a 239 through IOP; but DA/SA.

I love that 239, but I really regret not ordering it in DAK configuration. DAO is a very satisfying actuation, for me. Hope you find one, OP.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post