SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Convertible 357 Blackhawk
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Convertible 357 Blackhawk Login/Join 
posted
What's the consensus on new production convertible Blackhawks? Do they work well in 9mm or is it more novelty? Finally, has anyone seen one in stainless with Bisley grip frame? Looking for a Christmas present for my father.
My only Blackhawk is a 10 year old short barrel in 357.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m interested in this answer as well since I just ordered the Lipseys New Vaquero 357/9mm convertible. There isn’t much info on internet. This seems like a no brainer in a single action assuming it doesn’t shotgun group. Lol

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I've never seen one offered on a Bisley frame. But Bisley frames, hammers, and triggers can be ordered to convert the guns. I don't know that I've ever seen them in blue. Not to say that they don't exist, but I've only seen them in Stainless.

I prefer the Bisley myself.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently picked up this Vaquero 9mm/.357 conv from Tyler Gun Works. So far I have about 500 rounds of 9mm thru her, she runs great. Easy shooting gun, very accurate. The combination of the weight and the 9mm lends to very low felt recoil.

Posts: 246 | Location: Chicago Area | Registered: November 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Beautiful wheel. I can’t read anything in the thread however. Pictures are too large. Congrats.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12630 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fixed the photos. Newbie with imgur.

Posts: 246 | Location: Chicago Area | Registered: November 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mind me asking what that version ran? She is a beaut! Mine will be the ugly plain Jane version.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pedropcola,

Customize via Tyler Gun Works in Texas. He did the case hardening, grips and a trigger job. Cost me just over 1k for the gun and mods. I thought that was a pretty fair price.

Brian

posted Hide Post
Totally fair. I wish I would have jumped on those when they came out.

Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
I have both blue and stainless. Tried to contact you, but no contact info in your profile.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Wolfe, Never saw a stainless Blackhawk .357/9MM with Bisley grip frame, but I did have a 4 5/8" stainless convertible with the regular grip frame. I shot mostly 9MM in it but did some chronographing with the .357 too. Ballistics with the 9MM in the 4 5/8" Blackhawk were surprisingly robust. The only issue I ran into was that if the charge holes had the slightest lube in them, the 9MM would back out on firing and tie up the revolver. As long as I made sure the charge holes were dry, no issues. I don't know if others have experienced this with their Ruger convertibles or not.

NRA Life

Posts: 1564 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
update my contact info.. thanks for pointing that out.

posted Hide Post
I have one. I like it. It works great in 9mm. Which is why I have it. Very accurate in 9mm from a rest.

Posts: 255 | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I have the flattop Stainless which was some sort of talo special. It works perfectly well. I only shoot it in 9mm. I changed out the smooth grips for a set of Altamont grips (who are the oem supplier.)

Mine was hard to find grips for as it has a vaquero grip and not a Blackhawk.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine has one and I've shot it a lot. .38 special and +P is a total waste of time for the money. 9mm packs a very nice punch out of the Blackhawk and a perfect compromise and much cheaper....38 +p feels lethargic in comparison...and then throw in some full boat .357's for some fun recoil......the only thing was POI/POA changed between .38/.357 and 9mm, 9mm shot higher I believe by about 4" at 7 yards.....we just put a white dot on the tall front site with whiteout for where 9mm should be.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post