SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Mauser M2 - Please offer some educational information.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mauser M2 - Please offer some educational information. Login/Join 
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted
For some reason I have become "interested" with the Mauser M2.
What I do know:
1. No longer in production.
2. No longer supported by Sig.
3. Rotating barrel.
4. Striker fired.
5. Safety on rear of slide.

I have seen "Friends of the NRA" versions for sale.
I have seen have seen some with box and papers.

I would be inclined to go for a .45acp version.

I only have GB prices to go by, so my impression of pricing is limited.

Any help you can offer will be appreciated.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
If you get the .40 SW version, a conversion to 10 mm is not complicated from what I understand.

However......getting spare parts and magazines is complicated.

https://www.glocktalk.com/thre...s-mauser-m2.1217811/

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 32 | Registered: December 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I purchased one a few years ago from a LGS for $400. It's a .45 and came with (2) magazines and a green case.

What I can tell you about it is, the grips are kinda bulky but, they fit me well so it's a non issue for me. The "rotating barrel" makes for a completely different felt recoil. As a right handed shooter, it feels great whilst shooting it.

The only "negative" for me at least is, the safety located at the rear of the slide. (It's actually on the back side of the slide). I don't train with a safety so I would not be able to carry this pistol as an everyday CCW.

I'll post a picture later.

Posts: 141 | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want one too. Well, I want two - one in .40 (to convert to 10mm) and another in .45.

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
One of our members here had their .40 M2 converted to 10mm. I drool over it every time the post it.

I handled one one time. Only thoughts I had were it's built like a tank.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8836 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The M2 is a good pistol, I liked mine enough to buy a second M2 that I eventually sold. They are a bit bulky and heavy so don't make a good CCW weapon. My M2 in 45 was as accurate as any other gun I own. I think the fact it was a marketed as a Mauser and not a Sig may have contributed to the gun not catching on. I never had a malfunction with mine and will keep it in the collection unless they for some reason shoot up in value.

Posts: 1618 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:

I have seen "Friends of the NRA" versions for sale.

What are they going for?

I've been sitting on one unfired since they day I joined this forum. (I won't know for sure until I it "post now", but I think that's going on 15 years?)

Coworker won it, "sold" it to me, I agreed to buy it from him without seeing it, thinking it was a P220. When I learned it wasn't I said I'd still honor my word, but wasn't going to keep it. He then told me to hold onto until he got his license from the county. Well that never happened, even though I bugged him once or twice a year. He's since retired and I haven't spoken to him in years. But I think I've waited long enough. lmao I think I will sell it and mail him a check.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one in .40 that I rather like, but for CCW it is quite heavy. Another vote for built like a tank. If you search, you may find an earlier thread on the M2 where we talked of its Achilles' heel; those three springs in the system that seem to fail early and are hard to replace. A very compelling article in The American Rifleman of March 2000 prompted me to get one. I at times bring it out for the HD gun rotation.

Posts: 3201 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure if you are asking for education on the gun or on pricing. On pricing I can't help.
But like all things Sig (until recently when the variations went berserk) I once tried to maintain a collection of things they made and sold. That includes several M2 variants. These are sturdy guns with a somewhat unique operating system. Heavy and blocky would be my best description. They run fine, at least in .45 which is what I have. I knew these would be a short term thing for Sig so I got plenty of parts when they were available, but now some of them are hard to find. Its an interesting variant on a defensive pistol, but really at this point a curiosity piece.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had one in 45. Carried it for a little bit in a IWB holster and it did well. It was a little funky but worked 100%.

I sold it to a forum member about ten years ago or so. If it had been a 40, I would have done the 10mm conversion in a hearbeat.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for the information. I like the "built like a tank" comment Smile I have 5 pistols in .40 already, so i leaning towards .45 as all my .45s are 1911s.

BIDEN SUCKS.

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A little late but here's the pic I promised.

Posts: 141 | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I bought one, will post pix when it gets here.

BIDEN SUCKS.