SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG P320 Carry w/manual safety
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG P320 Carry w/manual safety Login/Join 
posted
I think I found my pistol. SIG part # L320CA-9-BSS-MS. Was in getting some uniform pants today and the dealer had this part number in their system. It's not an optic cut (can always get a replacement slide later, plus I'd want the ACRO anyway) and it's not an X-Frame (can always piece that in later), but I prefer the Carry size and prefer a manual safety with such a nice, easy trigger as these latest versions have, so this is going to be my P320.

Anyone seen one of these yet? I've only seen the Compact ones w/a manual safety, but I prefer the Carry frame.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
You can modify a standard Carry grip to fit a manual safety FCU in a few minutes with a Dremel (or even something like a coping saw and some sandpaper/files).

It's just a matter of adding notches in the plastic.

Posts: 32431 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool. Thanks. I may end up doing that with a X frame as SIG has no upcoming X versions with manual safeties.

On a related note, just heard back from the SIG rep that the above listed model is expected to arrive in 90-120 days. I may well just place an order and get my spot in line.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Order placed.

Now I'll have to find an X-Carry frame to chop up to accommodate the safety. Have a few months before SIG starts shipping these pistols anyway. Gives me time to plot all the tinkering...

posted Hide Post
I would like to see Sig offer a manual safety option for the new 320 Pro carry and compact models or offer the grip frames with the cut out from the factory.

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got the manual safety version of the P320 Carry today, and modified my X-Carry frame just now. We'll see how it shoots tomorrow...

posted Hide Post
If I were going to jump ship from a Gen 5 G19 (non MOS) with the slide milled out for the up coming Aimpoint ACRO RDS, it would be for a P 320 X *Pro Model* compact with the manual safety and the slide milled out in front of the rear sight for the Aimpoint ACRO. I would also like to see Glock come out with a manual safety model option on all their pistols, for those of us that can deal with no manual safety, but would much prefer to have one.

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the ACRO is (for a number of reasons) the first pistol RDS that really has my interest. I opted for a non-milled slide here as I'm waiting until the ACRO is vetted and/or more similar options present themselves before I jump on the pistol RDS bandwagon.

Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dehughes:
Got the manual safety version of the P320 Carry today, and modified my X-Carry frame just now. We'll see how it shoots tomorrow...

I like it. The ridge around the slide lock is gone. My only peeve is with the tail. I’d prefer it to be truncated. I think I might prefer the X-compact grip too.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shot it at the range today. Problem: I shoot it better than either my HK P30 or P30L, which were my top pistols until this stupid thing came along.

Recoil with my P320 was perfect. No snap, more of a push into a flat return to the initial sight picture.

Sights were perfect. With 115gr Blazer it was placing rounds on the top edge of the front sight at 5yds, and sightly higher at 25yds. Exactly, ideally, perfect for me.

No malfunctions. Had a couple brass-to-top-of-head ejections, but those were earlier. Shot 100 rounds total, all aluminum-cased Blazer 115gr.

Trigger was good...safety was transparent and well designed. Still need to get used to the reset. The wall is early and the reset brings me right back to it. No over-travel worth speaking of after the break, and the break has a bit of creep but NOTHING like the Glocks I've encountered.

Damn fine pistol, this is. Hmm.

posted Hide Post
Goddamnit SIG. I just purchased the P320 "just to have one" as I figured the platform wasn't going away anytime soon, what with the MIL contracts and all.

Took it to the range today and shot it just against my HK P30 (V3, 9mm) to really work them out 1 vs. 1 and see what happens, and the P320 was easier to shoot more accurately and faster than the HK.

Did a quick comparison earlier (last post), but this time I wanted to compare them with regard to handling under speed, recoil impulse, sight tracking, etc.. Frickin stupid. To be fair, I think a portion of it has to do with the DA/SA vs. striker...or rather, my ability (or lack thereof) to shoot DA/SA on the same level as striker.

Granted though, there are significant differences between them both with regard to slack in the trigger, reset, pull weight, trigger break distance from frame, hand geometry during the trigger press and break, etc....so that has to count for something.

RTG Parts
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dehughes:
Goddamnit SIG. I just purchased the P320 "just to have one" as I figured the platform wasn't going away anytime soon, what with the MIL contracts and all.

Took it to the range today and shot it just against my HK P30 (V3, 9mm) to really work them out 1 vs. 1 and see what happens, and the P320 was easier to shoot more accurately and faster than the HK.

Did a quick comparison earlier (last post), but this time I wanted to compare them with regard to handling under speed, recoil impulse, sight tracking, etc.. Frickin stupid. To be fair, I think a portion of it has to do with the DA/SA vs. striker...or rather, my ability (or lack thereof) to shoot DA/SA on the same level as striker.

Granted though, there are significant differences between them both with regard to slack in the trigger, reset, pull weight, trigger break distance from frame, hand geometry during the trigger press and break, etc....so that has to count for something.

Similar story here. I bought a P320-M17 just to see what the military saw in it. Holy crap it might be the easiest shooting pistol I have ever fired. Training young kids with this is a no-brainer.

With the first 17rd magazine I hit a variety of steel at 25 yards and a small steel silhouette at 100 yards with one of the last rounds. Shooting a glock for the first time, i doubt I would have hit that 100 yard plate.

Ergonomics are brilliant.
Trigger is awesome for a striker.
Night sights with the white on the front and plain black rear are perfect.
Safety is perfectly located and right where this 1911 shooter wants it.

NRA LIFE MEMBER - NSSF MEMBER

www.RobertRTG.com for the best prices on HK, AK, MG42, Uzi parts and more.

Posts: 459 | Location: Sheridan, Wyoming | Registered: March 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thought I found "my" gun in the HK P30/P30L. Dig the DA/SA, ergos are great, shoot well for me, etc..

However, this P320 is just plain easier to shoot as well or better than my HK P30/P30L. As much as I love the P30 series (V3, 9mm), I'm beginning to wonder if I should jump ship and go all P320. I like having "options", but as I get older I'm appreciating getting super familiar with one platform and don't have the time/money to put in equal amounts of work in with two very dissimilar platforms.

Can anyone who has shot both the P30 and P320 extensively give me some wisdom/insight? I'm tempted to move on from the HK platform, but I'm wondering if there is something I'd miss...that is, is the DA/SA P30 platform worth putting in the extra effort over the long term? I kinda feel like ditching the P30 and going P320 is "taking the easy way out", but I haven't put in the time with either platform to really know for sure.

Looking for some insight/advice from those who have gone before. Thanks.