SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Trijicon RMR 2 brightness question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trijicon RMR 2 brightness question Login/Join 
posted
I'm reading the trijicon type 2 adjustable RM06 will reset to auto mode after 16.5 hours. What does this mean?

I want to be able to set the brightness to a certain level and stay that way. What does resetting to auto mode do? Will I have to adjust the brightness every day?

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is the only part of the RMR design I hate, at least for carrying one. You cannot set it and have it stay that way. In auto mode the RMR picks the brightness level, which it is not very good at in many situations. For my range guns I don't give a hoot. For my carry gun my strategy is now to hit one of the adjustment buttons twice a day. once when I get up and once when I go to bed. I would really like Trijicon to increase the change window to like 25hrs as I actually wouldn't mind a check that the dot is up and running once a day.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Crap. Kinda what I thought. This is probably going to be a deal breaker. There is no way I'm going to remember to check that dot on a regular basis.

Guess I'll be waiting if the type 3 has a constant on.

Thanks

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post