SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Will mags that fit a G-19 Gen 4 also work in a Gen 3?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will mags that fit a G-19 Gen 4 also work in a Gen 3? Login/Join 
posted
I'm certain it's a "yes," but I have a need to know. And the appropriate clearance!

I've had a 19 Gen 4 for several years, I like it so much I want to get another 19 and found a good deal on a Gen 3:

https://www.kiesler.com/produc...hot-standard-sights/

The Gen 3 will be fine as long as the 15 rd mags are interchangeable. BTW, I have a mix of Glock and PMags that all work in the Gen 4.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Yes.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
Only issue is g3 mags in the g4 if you swap the mag release to lh. Other way around is fine. Enjoy!

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2110 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep they will work both ways. Insert joke

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:
Yep they will work both ways. Insert joke

Haha- you said INSERT! Smile

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2110 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
I’m seeing $400 bucks for a Gen 3 G19 with standard sights. I’d that really a good deal?

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aparoche:
I’m seeing $400 bucks for a Gen 3 G19 with standard sights. I’d that really a good deal?

Please, if you know of something better for NIB let me know. Prefer a Gen 4, 3 works.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post