SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 20 aftermarket barrels.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 20 aftermarket barrels. Login/Join 
posted
Hello,

I have pretty much switched over to glocks for almost all my woods carry guns at this point, I recently came into a LOT of underwood ammo for my glock 20 (thanks to my wife).

Im wondering if there is much difference between the different aftermarket barrels out there, not being a gunsmith, I dont know about fitting a barrel so my options are probably limited. Im looking at KKM barrels and Alpha Wolf barrels. Does anybody here have any experience with these or possibly have a recommendation for a different barrel you have been pleased with?

In the past, Id just out lone wolf barrels inbto my 9mm glocks but then I switched over to revolvers however now, I find the g20 suits my needs a bit better than a 44 or 454.

Thanks!!!

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve got a 6” KKM in 10 and a standard length KKM 10 to .40s&w coversion for my Gen3 G20 and have been pleased.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I have a mix of lone wolf barrels...some of the old Dasan (China) barrels and some of the new Alphawolf (USA) barrels. A mix of threaded, conversion and factory length barrels. I have been pleased with all of them. As I have always been satisfied with LWD, I have zero 1st hand experience with other brands.

The only issue I ever had was with an Alphawolf 40-9 threaded conversion barrel for my G27. At LWD’s suggestion I ran a couple of mags of +p 9mm through it and it has been fine ever since.

I also have a 10-40conversion barrel from LWD in one of my G20 pistols. 40SW is a powder puff out of that large frame gun. No issues with it.
Oh, and it is one of the old Dasan Machine barrels.

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Found a Glock G40 MOS slide. Can swap between 10mm with a brake and .38 Super. Shooting so many .38s lately, might sell the 10 later...

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The alpha wolf certainly looks cool, It seems like those are the latest iterations of the lone wolf bsrrels.

I wonder if the KKM is worth the extra 25 bucks.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t know anything about the KKM barrels. But The ALPHAWOLF barrels are machined in the US, the Dasan barrels were machined in China. There are a few other differences...coatings and flutes and such.

I really want to try a 357SIG barrel in my G40.

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newmexican:
The alpha wolf certainly looks cool, It seems like those are the latest iterations of the lone wolf bsrrels.

I wonder if the KKM is worth the extra 25 bucks.

From everything I've ever read, yes.

But I can offer no first hand info. I've owned one Lone wolf barrel, a 10mm but never fired it. (sold it)

I've also owned one KKM barrel... but never fired it. Big Grin
(it came a few days ago and I haven't gotten the chance. Wink )

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a KKM barrel on my Glock 35,( converted to 9mm) and it is amazingly accurate. I am unable to compare it to another manufacturer as I usually just by KKM.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have Bar Sto's in my 2 Glock 20's. I have been happy with the performance.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas my friend!! I was in the same boat as I own 4 Glock 20s and wanted more options for my Hog Guns. I have used Fire Dragon,Lone Wolf, and KKM. I have never had a “ problem” with any of them but I feel out of those, the KKM was is the best quality and accuracy, then Lone Wolf, etc.

I got into a groove where I was trying to make a “match” precision tool out of my Glock. It’s a combat gun. Now that being said, with an upgraded trigger, upgraded adjustable sights, barrel, along with some “ pet” re-loads, I have an AMAZING 10 mm or 4 Cool They shoot WAY better than me. When you are throwing 200-220 gr hardcast lead at nuclear power at anything, it’s impressive.
I also went with a 20-21 lb recoil spring. Let’s see some pics! Hope you and your family are blessed.
Jim
Here are some of mine.https://imgur.com/a/YfIDI
https://www.flickr.com/gp/62799265@N02/M297t5

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Use factory barrel. Keep an eye out for leading and clean as needed.done

Posts: 3287 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by captain127:
Use factory barrel. Keep an eye out for leading and clean as needed.done

Where’s the fun in that?

Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
I put a KKM barrel in my Glock 40 MOS. I am quite pleased with it.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Have a KKM Precision barrel and an Overwatch Trigger in mine, like it alot

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
Picture of Killer Instincts
posted Hide Post
My Lone Wolf barrel doesn't run for shit. I stick with the stock barrel, as suppressing it does very little anyway.

I also shoot Underwood ammo in mine. 180 FMJ, not the lead stuff. Great woods gun.

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I am NOT criticizing, but 10mm and suppressor doesn’t seem right in the same sentence....... Roll Eyes

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have bought six KKM barrels from the classified section of the Forum. My favorite is the 40 to 9 conversion for my G-23 with threaded barrel. I also have a KKM for my G-22 conversion and a conversion for the G-35 to 9. All run accurate and never had a problem.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
Picture of Killer Instincts
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sybo:
I am NOT criticizing, but 10mm and suppressor doesn’t seem right in the same sentence....... Roll Eyes

Haha, yeah, lesson learned.

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
KKM. Great to deal with and a great product.

Posts: 492 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: June 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got a KKM for my G20 and an alpha wolf for my g19.