SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P250 Question.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P250 Question. Login/Join 
posted
Has Sig made the P250 in .45 ACP in the compact size? I have seen them in full size only.

Posts: 573 | Location: South Texas | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yep.

See https://www.sigsauer.com/store...tron-compact-ap.html

The P250 has been discontinued, but there are several Compact .45 P250s on Gunbroker right now.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one and EDC it. Excellent size and capacity. Great shooter too. Bonus: It comes from Sig with the small grip frame. Fits me great!
Does anyone own a .380 250 Compact? That has to be a sweet shooter!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16068 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a P250SC and really like it - kinda like shooting a .22. I was able to find two more .380 mags before they dried up. Finances forced me to sell my 9mm Compact conversion kit ... but, I'd still like to get one of the .22's on CDNN. The price can't be beat.

Posts: 426 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
I picked up the 250 .22lr over the weekend. Only have 100 rds through it but it is an easy shooter and accurate. Found .22 mags at gunmagwarehouse for $15. What I’ve seen so far is no .22 conversion kits, seems you can only buy the whole gun, the kits are all bigger calibers .357 .40 .380 .45 .9mm

This from Osage guns website: The .45 ACP compact and full size kits also ship with an updated slide catch lever assembly kit to ensure compatibility with older fire control units. Installation of the slide catch lever assembly kit is required for compatibility but the catch doesn't need to be swapped back to the original one to change back to your SIG SAUER

Correction

P250 COMPACT .40 S&W W/ .22LR CONVERSIONoriginal caliber. The new one works on all models and calibers of the P250

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jimg1960,

Posts: 301 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Does anyone own a .380 250 Compact? That has to be a sweet shooter!

The .380 Compact is interesting. It is a Subcompact slide mounted on a Compact grip module with the dust cover cut back to match the slide. A Subcompact grip module extends the gun's utility for carry. As you might imagine, recoil is light. Racking the slide is ridiculously easy, which is very important for my wife, whose grip strength is limited after hand surgery.

Posts: 625 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I may try out the .380 Compact. Thanks!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16068 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a photo comparing a 9mm Compact to a .380 Compact.

Posts: 625 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimg1960:
I picked up the 250 .22lr over the weekend.

Random question, do you have a set of calipers that you could use to tell me the outside dimension of the barrel at the crown end? I'm thinking about one of these and would like to have a threaded extension added.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
Random question, do you have a set of calipers that you could use to tell me the outside dimension of the barrel at the crown end? I'm thinking about one of these and would like to have a threaded extension added.

0.639"

Picture of incogneato
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gc70:
Here is a photo comparing a 9mm Compact to a .380 Compact.

Gee, thanks for giving me something else to “want”!

Posts: 124 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by incogneato:
Gee, thanks for giving me something else to “want”!

My pleasure. I could post more photos of other P250s if you want ... Wink

I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gc70:

0.639"

Awesome, thank you.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I have one I bought from TGS back in 2009.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GrumpyBiker,

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I had a P250 Compact .45 and gave I away and have regretted it to this day. As bad a press as detractors tried to give it, it was accurate and digested everything I put through it. I remember running a mixed mag of FMJ, wide and narrow HPs, SWC and even a near full WC through it as fast as I could pull the trigger and it went through every round without any problem.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I've been using my 250sc in .45 as my daily for a while now. For a reload I carry a full size mag.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post