SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Streamlight TLR models causing rail damage?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Streamlight TLR models causing rail damage? Login/Join 
posted
I was considering a Streamlight TLR2 for my Legion and read where because of the Sig "rounded rail" design it could cause damage to the light and/or rail....Now I have not actually tried one yet , sooo I thought I would just ask to if anyone has experienced this??!!
Thanks

I Don't "give jobs"....I hire MEN...John Wayne

Posts: 3 | Registered: June 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Based on my use of an old Streamlght M6-X and a TLR (1 or 2, can't recall) on non-Legion P226 I noticed slight finish wear along the accessory rails. Considering how tight the fit is for this interface and the friction involved I consider that to be normal. The fewer times a user attaches/ detaches the unit I would expect there to be less finish wear.

I never noticed any damage to the actual light unit.

The MK 25 and Combat have standard milspec pic rails and I don't know how that might affect WML fit or wear.

Welcome to the forum! Smile

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tape the light with 2 pieces of black electrical tape. Trim off the excess. No damage.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
I have a TLR-1s that I attach and remove daily when my EDC becomes a nightstand gun. It has affected the finish on the rail of my 229, but not to the point that I am worried about it.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's all I need to know....Thanks guys!!

I Don't "give jobs"....I hire MEN...John Wayne

Posts: 3 | Registered: June 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pointman73
posted Hide Post
Streamlight advises on their website that the TLR series lockup will mar the finish on the light and pistol on the metal frame SIGs. That's life of a carry gun. As mentioned, try some electrical tape or even some grip tape.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

Posts: 104 | Location: From Philly, now in middle GA | Registered: June 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post