SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock .22LR Conversion Kits
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock .22LR Conversion Kits Login/Join 
posted
Please provide information or experiences with. 22 conversion kits.
In my case it would be for a Gen 2 G17.
I already have a Ruger Mk.II, but I am interested in trying one of the conversion kits.
So any help is appreciated.

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Advantage arms works if you polish the hell out of the barrel and run it pretty wet.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3209 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of highlander81
posted Hide Post
I’ve had an Advantage arms kit for many years. It’s been flawless for me.

I’ll mention one thing though. The .22 slide is fractionally wider than the centerfire slide. So if you’re using it as a training aid from a kydex holster , you may find it slightly “stickier” on the draw.

I’ve found CCI Mini Mags to be the best Ammo in mine

Posts: 444 | Location: Southern Alberta, Canada | Registered: April 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ALLEGRO1957
posted Hide Post
I love my AA kit for my G23.

It has been a LOT of fun and for a conversion it is quite reliable.

I would strongly recommend a steady diet of Remington Golden Saber rounds. Hardly a misfire in a box of 550

Be a productive citizen but always be prepared

Posts: 43 | Registered: October 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an Advantage Arms that works pretty well, but it shoots too high, even with the rear site adjusted all the way down.

I had to send the first one back because it would go full auto.

Posts: 872 | Registered: October 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've very good luck with the AA ones. I have several for the different generations. Nothing bad to report. Only thing that bothers me is that you really can't change to the same sights as you might have on your other guns to make it more 'similar'. I run minimags exclusively and there are very few issues.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I have an AA unit for my G23. It's accurate and reliable, but you have to run standard 22lr to get it to work. I shoot bullseye so all of my ammo was sub sconic, which caused malfunctions. As long as you're 1200 FPS or better life is good. I've yet to find something it doesn't like.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
I have an AA unit for my G23. It's accurate and reliable, but you have to run standard 22lr to get it to work. I shoot bullseye so all of my ammo was sub sconic, which caused malfunctions. As long as you're 1200 FPS or better life is good. I've yet to find something it doesn't like.

SgtGold, I get what you are saying, and the key is the velocity.

However, to someone who doesn't really know 22lr ammo or velocities, they may get that they should buy Standard Velocity .22lr ammo- as you say 'standard .22lr'.

As you know, the key is the velocity.

AA Conversions like 40gr round nosed [not HP] 22lr ammo in a velocity window of 1200-1280. 1240-1280 is preferred. For those who don't really pay attention to the ammo speeds, this may be the 'normal' ammo that is most easily found [what you reference as 'standard'], but it is actually considered High Velocity ammo [and shouldn't be used in .22lr firearms made before around 1932.]

The AA conversion kits don't like to cycle with anything with less velocity.

Using ammo with velocities over 1300 [HyperVelocity- think CCI Stinger, Remington Cyclone, Etc] will cause cycling issues and wear out the springs too fast.

As a bullseye shooter, I am assuming you are using the Standard Velocity ammo- with velocities of 1030-1150 fps. Like Federal GM Target or Match, or CCI Sv, or Aguila SV.

Or, do you have yours sprung for the rounds like the SK Pistol Match, around 980fps?

My High Standards don't like ammo under 1050fps, but everything under 1125fps is subsonic. Yet, not all of it is standard velocity.

Sigs and Non-Sigs: I enjoy having options!

Posts: 684 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only thing I can add is read the disassembly instructions. The Advantage Arms slide comes off slightly different from the standard Glock take down.

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
For some reason I am never able to find the AA 22 conversion kit for the Gen 2/3 Glock 19 - L.E. 19/23.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post