SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Best slide lube for P226 9mm
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best slide lube for P226 9mm Login/Join 
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick B:
I just threw away a 3 year old bottle of EWL30 .
I went to use it and nothing came out . Took the cap off and the top half had turned into jelly .
Probably would of still worked but when I checked my other brands of lube that were older they were fine .

I have a 3+ yo bottle of EWL 30 that’s still perfectly liquid. Maybe because I use it fairly often – although don’t use very much of it.

Look about you.

Posts: 5101 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rotty37:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmoid:
I’ve had really good performance with weapon shield grease and lube oil

Same here. I use their products and had good results in all weather conditions also.

I will third this recommendation. I have used WS oil and grease for years with excellent results.

Posts: 632 | Location: Northern Colorado, USA | Registered: September 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
Lucas Red and Tacky #2 lithium grease.

Posts: 768 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5393 | Location: North GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hickok and German army love Ballistol. It took some glue shit right off my bookcase and did not harm suface. Better than Froglube. Like Lucas red for rails. You can see it which is a plus.

Posts: 6733 | Location: MS GULF COAST | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of giz55792
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Mobil 1 in a tube.

https://mobiloil.com/en/synthe...l-1-synthetic-grease

I use the same stuff, but out of the round tub.

Posts: 638 | Location: Virginia, MN | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Slip2000 EWG mixed with a touch of EWL30. Slip2000 lubricants can be safely mixed, as the only difference is the amount of thickening agent in each- EWG, EWL30, EWL.

Slip2000 is the balls.

This!
While I have no experience with these lubricants on pistols, there is a topic wellthought by Member 12131 useing them in a 50,000 round endurence test of a P228 pistol. Search P228 factoids and last page thread. I dont believe I've ever seen a auto pistol survive such a test.

Posts: 15372 | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Veteran of the
Psychic Wars
posted Hide Post
Mobil 1 Synthetic Wheel Bearing Grease is my go-to lube. No issues and it is cheap.

Posts: 1139 | Location: Va | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have some kind of marine grade grease I bought years ago to lube the lower gears on an outboard motor ..... that is what I use now. Before I came to this forum I just used basic gun oil... I still do on the other parts but I put the grease on the rails....

Posts: 991 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Ballistol is essentially mineral oil (baby oil).

Pretty much any other oil will work better.

I use whatever motor oil is lying around the garage for a duty gun. I also have a tub of red grease I’ve had for ten years...when I was in the service we used “grease, axle or artillery” or we used “cherry grease” cause it was red...for small arms we used breakfree or LSA or later we used TW24B on the M242 25mm cannon.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Posts: 6460 | Location: Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
I tried that stuff and actually like it.

quote:
Originally posted by wellthought:
I have some MD Labs XF7 that I once used on my M14 (M1A). Will that suffice? Is it good stuff?

Description: XF-7 is a truly water proof grease with extraordinary powers of lubrication and corrosion inhibition. Formulated specifically for use on modern weapons in adverse conditions of high temperature, fresh and salt-water immersion, and high cyclic rates. XF-7 provides continuous protection up to 500 degrees F, short-term protection up to 600 degrees F and continuous protection from salt water and fresh water. XF-7 will not run, drip or melt even when heated. Long after conventional oil or grease has melted and or boiled off, XF-7 is still right where you put it, lubricating and protecting your weapon for corrosion. XF-7 works in the widest range of temperatures and climates of any weapon grade lubricant currently available. XF-7 DOES NOT WASH OFF IN SALT WATER. Ideal for weapons used in marine environments. XF-7 has been used with total success on AR15/M16/M4 type weapons, .50 cal M2 Browning, HK91, FAL, SKS, AK, 1911A1, Beretta 92/M9, SIG 226, Rem 700, Winchester Mod. 70, and numerous other weapon systems. XF-7 contains no Teflon, so no hydrofluoric acid is created if it burns off, as happens with Teflon/PTEE lubes. XF-7 if clear amber, non-staining, non-toxic, and O-ring friendly. XF-7 will not attack rubber or polymers. XF-7 will not damage common firearm's finishes or other metal finishes. XF-7 cuts time spent gun cleaning, because it will not char or carbonize on metal surfaces. Most powder fouling wipes right off.

Some reviews:
https://www.amazon.com/product...TF8&showViewpoints=1

https://www.brownells.com/gun-...icant-prod22126.aspx

Posts: 1413 | Location: Delray Beach | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Ballistol - state of the art in 1905.

There’s better stuff out there now....

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 9722 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I like Slide Glide.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
The dominant media is no more "mainstream" than leftists are liberals.

Posts: 16434 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have these threads. But mobil1 grease is perfectly good for this and cheap.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 7998 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I like Slide Glide.
I used Slide Glide for a while. Slide Glide is high temperature bearing grease. I think you have to be careful with the standard and heavy grades, especially in cold temperatures. I wouldn't use anything but the Lite Slide Glide except in very hot environments. The thing I really don't like about Slide Glide is that it has organic components which oxidize over time, and it ends up looking like shit- literally like shit, this brownish color. I guess the change in color has no effect on its lubricity, but it just doesn't seem right somehow.

Posts: 88640 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Clean with Weapon Shield then Lubricate with Mobil 1 VTWIN 20W50.

Posts: 564 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ken8:
I like Brian Enos Slide Glide. I use all 3 weights depending on the pistol.

This on the slide rails.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. FFL(01) NRA Endowment Member

Posts: 8501 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glock Stock & Barrel
Picture of gtmtnbiker98
posted Hide Post
I used to subscribe to the gun grease mentality, but not just simply use Lucas Extreme (blue stuff) for everything.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4436 | Location: Southcentral Ohio | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have been using Battle Born grease for a while. Happy with the results.

Sig 228

Posts: 103 | Registered: November 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
I've been using Slip 2000 EWG mixed with hexagonal boron nitride. Seems to work just fine.

Posts: 8014 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post