SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 35 357 Sig (Suarez TAC ?s).
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 35 357 Sig (Suarez TAC ?s). Login/Join 
posted
I seem to be buying more projects of late than guns to shoot as is and I'm kinda liking 357 Sig for a range round.

Would it be stupid to buy a pd trade Glock 35 purely with the intent of adding a 357 sig barrel? Figure with the barrel, it'll be bout the same price as a new gen 4 (525 ish) and I'll have to budget for more mags as I don't own any .40 guns currently (hate the round honestly). Prob $700 for the whole setup...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wolfe 21,

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my opinion....This will be the best 357 Sig Glock set up you can get. I have had really good luck with KKM barrels and they have a G35 to 357 conversion. I am actively looking to make this set up myself!

Posts: 492 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: June 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tundrav84wd
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine had a 35 several years back that he put a Jarvis 357 Sig barrel in. THAT was one hell of an accurate gun. I don't know if Jarvis makes the barrels for it now though.

Old School German Sigs,....Quality and Reliability you can consistently depend on, right out of the box.

**Remembering 9/11/2001 Celebrating 5/1/2011**

OPUS DEI CUM PECUNIA ALIENUM EFFICEMUS

Posts: 6417 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Not stupid at all! Heck I'd try it!

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one where I used a Bar Sto barrel. A great shooter and accurate. I had to break the barrel in before it would run Gold Dots reliably, but other than that no problems.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
What is a Glock 35? I'm guessing it's a long slide .40?

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
What is a Glock 35? I'm guessing it's a long slide .40?

Yes. Like the 34, but in 40.

I want 40 & 357 barrels for my Glock G40.

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
That is a cool idea. Do it!

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm looking at a third gen Smith, HK USP and a Glock 35 right now all for the purposes of converting to 357 Sig. Just wishing I was a little earlier and picked up one of KSP trade ins earlier this year.

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deputy 617
posted Hide Post
I can't speak with regard to the particular setup you are looking at, but in general... I LOVE the .357 SIG. As I type this from my back patio, my P229R in .357 SIG is beside me.

SIG SAUER...... Get you some!

Posts: 369 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
It's a great gun in .357 sig. one of my best shooters. I really never use the .40 barrel.
I have a KKM drop in.....

Posts: 1694 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
357 Sig already can scream out of a 4.0-4.4" barrel. Adding the length of the Longslide 35... that'll be a speedy projectile.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This was my thought... Looked like a fun way to make use of a deal I would normally pass up. Saw last week they were selling PD guns for $425 (since expired).

Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Dang you guys!

If y'all keep this up, I'll end up doing something financially foolish and snag up a Gen 4 G35 and order a .357 SIG conversion barrel. Big Grin

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
G35 + 357Sig barrel = I'd say that's a winning combination !

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dropped a KKM .357 Sig barrel in my model 35 (just like an earlier poster in this thread ) and it works just fine. it is a simple way to add a cartridge without buying a complete gun.

Posts: 81 | Location: Springfield. USA | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of awa762
posted Hide Post
I've coveted the idea of converting a glock 35 to .357 for a long time! It's an outstanding idea and option. It seems that you can very reliably achieve 125 grain velocities north of 1500 fps with a 5.3 inch barrel. That is a reliable match for a 125 grain load from a 5" barrel 357 magnum revolver (THAT debate can be more settled with the above G35/.357 Sig configuration).

It's a little surprising that Glock doesn't market the G35 sized gun in OEM 357 sig caliber. However, Glock has done even more surprising things (so long to get the G43 on market).

I'm excited for you with this idea! Now, I'm itching, too!

Join and Support the NRA

Posts: 180 | Location: Greater New Orleans Area... see us on the news??? | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I suspect you get some hot ammo to run in it and that will out preform the 357mag.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tundrav84wd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
I suspect you get some hot ammo to run in it and that will out preform the 357mag.

I shoot Underwood 125gn GDHP at 1520 fps plus out of my HK P2000. I can imagine what it would do in that 35.

Old School German Sigs,....Quality and Reliability you can consistently depend on, right out of the box.

**Remembering 9/11/2001 Celebrating 5/1/2011**

OPUS DEI CUM PECUNIA ALIENUM EFFICEMUS

Posts: 6417 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anybody buy any barrels from Suarez tactical? Says they machine match grade barrels from Lothar-Walther blanks, so.... Looks impressive for the price.