SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 35 357 Sig (Suarez TAC ?s).
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 35 357 Sig (Suarez TAC ?s). Login/Join 
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
I have an old police trade in Gen 4 35. Its a little worn, and the night sights are gone. But it works for me. I bought a KKM barrel for it. Its a blast to shoot.

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
I have been wanting to do this conversion for years, the only thing stopping me has been other projects and starting to stock pile a new caliber.

A buddy has one and swears it's a great hog pistol.

With the introduction of the 40 my interest has waned a bit but I still think it's a great combo.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I remember Lone Wolf making a .357 Sig conversion barrel for the G20. I wonder if they make one for the long slide G40 10mm? That would be a peach. You would have the longer barrel and sight radius with the larger frame. Max loads, anyone? Smile

My G35 is my most accurate gun, BTW. You can't go wrong.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A G35 with a KKM barrel to convert it to 357Sig is on my list. I was thinking of converting my G31 to a longslide with a Lone Wolf slide and barrel, but the G35 I think would be a better choice.

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of awa762
posted Hide Post
This post prompted me to get a G35 Gen 4 (older model). It's a Kentucky State Police trade in from Recoil Gun Works.

Hardly any evidence of use. The normal internal wear that occurs from shooting is barely noticeable. Price was $425.

The thought was to get a .357 sig barrel, but again, it's more cost and is another project. Now that I have it, I just feel like shooting 40 cal out of it and now I'm wanting a G34. This is the "before and after effect" that occurs with just about any purchase once things are re-arranged in context, albeit in a very individualized manner.

I have no regrets for getting the gun. These police trade in guns obviously can be had for very good prices and in hardly used condition. The buyer just has to keep an eye out for well-rated guns (VG+ or Excellent) at a sweet price point. You pretty much can't go wrong with the used police gun route. They are one of today's best kept secrets in terms of gun bargains.

I don't particularly care for the KSP stamp on the top of the slide. It isn't too loud or noticeable, but as a private citizen, I do prefer my guns to be completely clean.

Join and Support the NRA

Posts: 180 | Location: Greater New Orleans Area... see us on the news??? | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was thinking of buying the same one actually. I thought the stamp would be kinda neat addition to the collection. I have a nice OSHP Beretta as well, so YMMV.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of awa762
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If you don't like (or aren't at least ok) with 40 cal, then I'd feel hesitant. If it weren't for that, I'd say jump on it!

The used glock 35s might not be all that easy to find in the future. Glock 22s of course are a different story.

Join and Support the NRA

Posts: 180 | Location: Greater New Orleans Area... see us on the news??? | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by awa762:
This post prompted me to get a G35 Gen 4 (older model). It's a Kentucky State Police trade in from Recoil Gun Works.

Hardly any evidence of use. The normal internal wear that occurs from shooting is barely noticeable. Price was $425.

The thought was to get a .357 sig barrel, but again, it's more cost and is another project. Now that I have it, I just feel like shooting 40 cal out of it and now I'm wanting a G34. This is the "before and after effect" that occurs with just about any purchase once things are re-arranged in context, albeit in a very individualized manner.

I have no regrets for getting the gun. These police trade in guns obviously can be had for very good prices and in hardly used condition. The buyer just has to keep an eye out for well-rated guns (VG+ or Excellent) at a sweet price point. You pretty much can't go wrong with the used police gun route. They are one of today's best kept secrets in terms of gun bargains.

I don't particularly care for the KSP stamp on the top of the slide. It isn't too loud or noticeable, but as a private citizen, I do prefer my guns to be completely clean.

I hope dealing with Recoil Gun Works was a positive exchange. I just gave them a credit card online for a G35 trade-in. I was never asked for an FFL or reference for a FFL. I tried calling the phone number, which eventually went to a voice mail, which then said the voice mail was full, and disconnected. Sounds like a one-man garage show, and doesn't inspire confidence.

I was surprised that they wanted personal information, such as date of birth, when signing for an account with RGW, too.

The advertisement said that some pistols may bear police markings, some may not. I don't really care either way.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
... I'm kinda liking 357 Sig for a range round.

As does Thor.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of awa762
posted Hide Post
I had no trouble with Recoil Gun Works. They might have a saturated voice mail from the Independence Day holiday. Maybe I'm just being nice and "giving them the benefit of a doubt."

I asked my FFL to email them a copy of the license.

They shipped the gun within ~5 or 7 days of ordering it. No trouble and no complaints.

It didn't come with back straps or a box. It was just bubble wrapped and placed in a cardboard box. Nothing to bitch about, and understandably not perfect since it's a used gun sale. All in all, I'm pleased.

Join and Support the NRA

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by awa762:
I had no trouble with Recoil Gun Works. They might have a saturated voice mail from the Independence Day holiday. Maybe I'm just being nice and "giving them the benefit of a doubt."

I asked my FFL to email them a copy of the license.

They shipped the gun within ~5 or 7 days of ordering it. No trouble and no complaints.

It didn't come with back straps or a box. It was just bubble wrapped and placed in a cardboard box. Nothing to bitch about, and understandably not perfect since it's a used gun sale. All in all, I'm pleased.

Good to know. Thanks.

posted Hide Post
I think it's a great idea, but the essential conundrum is that in my opinion you can pretty much accomplish the same with with a G34 in 9mm utilizing cartridges such as Winchester's 127 gr +P+....

But far be it for me to rain unduly on someone's else's project, especially one that does have intrinsic merit.

Best, Jon

Posts: 995 | Location: Auburn, WA USA | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
300 to 400 fps less with the 9X19, but otherwise, comparable. 450-475 ft-lbs muzzle energy with the 9X19, and upwards of 700 ft-lbs with the .357 Sig.

Of course with the .357 Sig, +P+ is neither possible, nor necessary.

posted Hide Post
Ok...bought a KKM .357 Sig barrel for the G35 when it eventually arrives. No hurry; KKM says 60 days lead time minimum, and I probably won't be home until October, anyway.

posted Hide Post
I received the G35 today (it got to the FFL a couple of days ago, but was tied up on duty, so picked it up today). Not bad for ship time.

Recoil Gun Works listed it as a police trade-in very good condition. I completely stripped, cleaned, and lubricated it. There was no sign of lubrication internally, mildly dirty, and definite wear. Externally considerable holster wear, nicks, scratches, etc. A laser-etched police crest on the right side of the slide. Glock night sights are installed, still glow, a bit dim. It has an OEM extended magazine release, and factory bullet-style extended slide stop lever.

I wouldn't classify it as very good condition, but it's not bad, and is worth the price. I'll be replacing the sights tomorrow with Trijicon HD XR's, and trigger, trigger spring, connector, and recoil spring assembly with factory parts, as well. Probably the slide stop lever, as it was used quite a bit to drop the slide, from what I can see, with resulting wear. The mag release will get sanded out gently around the edges, but left with same part, most likely. If I get time I'll get out to the desert to shoot it in the afternoon.

While at the local shop signing for the transfer, I found a Gen 4 G31 in excellent condition for a great price, and a G32 in used condition for a bit less. I also found a screaming deal on an untouched Legion 229 in .357...at least one of them is getting bought tomorrow. Damn choices, anyway.

I have several 229's, but that legion in .357 calls out.

I'll be interested to see how the KKM barrel goes in the G35 when I get back this fall.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Well this thread has me wanting one. Called my local dealer and he has the gen4 35 in stock. My question is do I want the MOS version or not? I'll try the Lone Wolf Alpha barrel to convert mine to 357.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I might have to break down and buy a .40 Glock to try this. It'd be the only .40 I own. Technically one of my P229s is a .40 according to the sticker, but the guy I bought it from can't find his .40 bbl.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Put a new minus connector in the G35' stock trigger return spring, new RSA. Vickers slide stop release, orange front Trijicon HD XR sights. Ran out of time to shootit, so probably October.

A local shop had a P320 9X19 carry for four hundred, no obvious wear, but a horrible ill fitting set of adjustable aftermarket sights. It went on layaway, the sights have got to go.

I couldnt pass up the P229 Legion in .357, so it went on layaway too, along with a G31 that looked brand new (but was priced used). The wife may beat me senseless, but it's worth the risk, and some people pay a lot of money for that, after all.

posted Hide Post
Just added a KKM .357 SIG barrel to my Glock 35 Gen4. I special ordered the barrel with suppressor threads. Don't know how often I'll shoot it suppressed, but I like the extra barrel length (and the look). When I do use it with a suppressor, I understand the bullet will probably still be supersonic.

Excellent customer service from KKM.

Posts: 693 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My LW 357 barrel shipped today. I also ordered the RMR from Cabelas. My dealer says he has a blue label 35 MOS set aside with my name on it.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post