SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ruger 10mm Revolver... Anyone have any of the variations?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger 10mm Revolver... Anyone have any of the variations? Login/Join 
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted
I've seen a 3" Wiley Clapp Talo version, a Match Champion Version and a standard GP-100 blued version.

I'm curious how they shoot, how accurate are them? I find the 3" particularly appealing, but I'm sure it would be a handful with 10mm.

You can also shoot .40 I assume with moon clips. I assume the Redhawk is a tank, but I'm more interested in the GP-100s.

Any experience??

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Buckhorn, a Blackhawk convertible with a 10mm cylinder and a 38-40 cylinder, which I bought used. IIRC the barrel is 6". The 38-40 cylinder doesn't seem to have ever been out of the bubble wrap; doesn't even have drag lines from the bolt.

It's pretty accurate, even with just iron sights. One time, when I was shooting from a rest at 50 yards, the other guy at the range observed "That's minute of deer, right there." :-)

Posts: 327 | Location: Frankfort, Kentucky.  | Registered: November 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
I have a Wiley Clapp Talo 3" model and love it. I can shoot 40SW or 10mm. I will be using it as my Winter warrior. I would recommend getting better made after market full moon clips from TKCustom if you want to fire 40SW. The factory ones flex and you get light hit no fires. It feels like a 357 Magnum with the tens. It is very manageable.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
I have a stainless steel Ruger Blackhawk in 10mm /.40 S&W. (two cylinders) 2017 production.
I bought it for deer hunting and range toy use. It's a wonderful revolver and I have zero complaints.
That model is available with 4 5/8" and 6 1/2" barrels.
I chose the 6 1/2" barrel length for a longer sight radius and a slight increase in velocity.
Everybody should have at least one!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cee_Kamp,

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1497 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Buckeye Blackhawk 10mm/ .38/40. I like it a lot. It's very accurate.

Posts: 255 | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post