SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How is the Glock 35 compared to other G22, G34 and other Glocks?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How is the Glock 35 compared to other G22, G34 and other Glocks? Login/Join 
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted
I know the 40 S&W is increasingly falling out of favor with just about everyone.

My work is starting to get stingy with 9mm so I've been contemplating picking up a Glock 35 to take advantage of the 40 S&W that we stockpiled that isn't in high demand (our practice is 165gr Federal AE and duty is 165 gr HST).

I haven't shot a G35 in well over ten years back when I was in the minority shooting 9mm. I never cared for the G22 in any flavor (Gen2, Gen3 or Gen4). From my fuzzy memory the Gen3 G35 was softer shooting and I actually had decent split times with it.

So for anyone still using one how is the G35 compared to the G34, the G22, and other Glocks?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KevH,

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4193 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I cannot really tell you about .40. I shoot my gen4 35 MOS all the time. But only in 357SIG. I sold the .40 barrel without ever using it. I like shooting it better than my 31. So you might like shooting it over a 22.

If they would let me, I would make the 35 my duty weapon instead of the 31.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I had a Gen4 G35.
For me, it was nearly a single shot. Let me explain.
It was me, the way my hands are shaped, the length of my fingers, and the size of my knuckles in relation to the extended slide release that came on the pistol.
When shooting fast, my thumb knuckle would kick up the extended slide release, locking the slide back.
The one competition I used it in, I finally got fed up and finished with my G22.
yes, I could have just swapped out the slide release. Or really trained on my grip....But I decided to trade it off instead since a buddy wanted to do what Chowser did...Shoot 357 out of it.

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Please make the title of your thread more specific.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
One of our local agencies has carried the G35 for the last decade or so. The officers I've talked to love them, other than the longer slide resulting in a slightly longer/higher draw stroke.

Recently, some of them have switched to newer Safariland duty holsters cut for Glocks with RMRs, like the 6360RDS. These have a bulge/cutout near the top of the holster for the RMR. Even though they don't carry MOS Glocks with an optic, this reportedly results in being able to get the longslide G35 out of the holster a bit easier, without having to draw so far up towards your armpit.

I don't have personal experience with that setup, but you might look into those if you end up carrying a G35 on duty.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of caneau
posted Hide Post
It tames the recoil quite a bit especially with the Gen 4/5 recoil spring and a mounted weapon light.

For the slide safety I swapped for a "regular" one and switched from a 3.5 lbs connector to a 5 lbs.

Posts: 5326 | Location: The Virginia side of DC | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a glock 35. I shot it back to back compared to a glock 22. I was much more accurate with the 35 and the gun is not unpleasant to shoot compared to a 9mm. More recoil...sure, but not a lot

Posts: 270 | Location: NorCal | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
I love the Long Slide Glocks. I have multiple 34s and I bought a LEO trade in 35 for $350. The 35 changed the way I feel about .40. My experience mirrors F12517’s.

I still want to get a .357 Sig barrel for it but I don’t hate it in .40.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't say how sensitive you are to these recoil things. Every bodies different. Me I hate the 27, mostly hate the 23, don't care either way about the 22 and don't give a hoot about shooting a zillion rounds in a 35. Its really not very snappy when you get to a 35. I even have a 24 and you can't really complain in any way about that.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a KKM .357 Sig in my G35, which I bought as a police surplus. I replaced the internals with new with a - connector, added a vickers slide release and trijicon HD sights, and it shoots about like any other Glock.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Glock long-slides are great, but swap out the extended slide stop with a regular one. Once I did that, all issues went away.

Posts: 81 | Registered: September 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First, in the interest of full disclosuer, I'm one of the three people left in the country that still really likes the .40. Razz

Have a number of pistols in .40 as well as 9mm and .45. Own a Gen4 G34 and G19. Carry load is Federal 115gr JHP +P+. A friend has a G35. Recoil has never bothered me in my P239, P226, P229 and P320FS. My subjective opinion is that the .40 std load and the 9mm +P+ have abour the same recoil.

Concur with caneau on the newer RSA. A friend who has shot a Gen3 G19 for about 10 years said he noticed the softer recoil shooting my Gen4 G19 compared to his own Gen3.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I transitioned from the G35 to the Gen5 G17 a year ago. My break down is like this.

G27 Sucks.
G23 Sorta Sucks.
G22 OK.
G35 Best of the bunch, especially when you hang an X300 on it.

There is a noticeable difference in follow up shots and how the gun tracks with 180 grain ammo.

In 9mm, I can't tell a lot of difference/value/worth between the G17 and G34. The G34 is a little nicer on the recoil impulse, but I don't find it to be enough over what I can do with a G17. The Gen5s being the best of the lot, of course.

There's no telling how many tens of thousands of rounds I have on the G35. Over the years, I'd say I have a metric shitload. Never felt undergunned with it on splits and follow ups.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post