SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Sig P225-A1 to scratch the itch
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Sig P225-A1 to scratch the itch Login/Join 
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
The shop I work part time in just became a Sig Master Dealer.

We took in a shipment of brand new Sig pistols and rifles this AM. Among them a P225.

I got to handle and dry fire it a bit this afternoon. Finest double and single action triggers I've ever squeezed on a TDA pistol. I shit you not. And I've got some high priced TDA guns with VERY nice triggers.

I bet it is a tack driver. Now I've got to figure out what to sell so I can buy it.

Oh yes. It will be mine. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
Congrats on you all most yours Sig P225 A-1, you're going to love it even more when it's yours, it's one of the finest guns Sig has made...

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've heard all the negatives...'too big and heavy for a single stack, etc'. Blah blah. I also have an M11A and 226 and 229 Legions, and this little 225A is my favorite Sig. Along with the Sigs I have a whole slew of Glocks including Agency 19 and 43's, several HK's..the list goes on. And I still regularly carry the 225A. It is one of the fastest, easiest shooting handguns I have and my confidence level is high with it.

Buy with confidence.

Posts: 56 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: September 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll make sure to post a range report once I get an extended session in. Looking forward to really putting it through the paces.

In other news, I'm already looking at Sig 1911s for carry as well. This could get out of hand.

Posts: 34 | Location: Ohio | Registered: March 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ColumbusJBR:
I'll make sure to post a range report once I get an extended session in. Looking forward to really putting it through the paces.

In other news, I'm already looking at Sig 1911s for carry as well. This could get out of hand.

That is why it's call a SIGness, you've been infected.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
That's a nice looking piece, and the wood grips are fantastic.

I have its cousin, the P239 and agree about its shooting dynamics in comparison to a shield. The heavy slide and smooth trigger keep these guns on target, even at high speed.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Took my new P225 to the range today. Boy, was I impressed. The size is perfect, not too small, not too large, no accessory rail, a really crisp short reset trigger. Very light recoil, mostly absorbed by the gun itself..this may be the best yet from Sig....a keeper. Bought an extra magazine to make it a total of three. I may have to "retire" my Sig P220 extreme.

Posts: 370 | Location: Williamsburg, VA,  | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zig's SIG
posted Hide Post
It is a sweet shooter. After shooting it for awhile, I decided it was worthy of a new Ryan Grizzle holster. Can't wait to get it.

Businesses don't create jobs, consumers do.

The new (or maybe not so "new") Golden Rule: "He who has the gold makes the rules."

Corruption is everywhere. Only the form and quantity vary.

Posts: 311 | Location: Arizona | Registered: November 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted Hide Post
Does the GrayGuns P-SAIT trigger fit the P225A1? I may be dense, but I've read the website description and it's not clear. Thanks.

Posts: 606 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those grips with the full checkering look nice. Real nice

Posts: 177 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was getting that itch to pick up another gun... you know how that goes.

Sig Sauer P225-A1 9mm

This gun doesn't even make much sense. It's almost as big as my M11-A1 but holds half the rounds, and is waaay bigger than the Shield I sold to help fund it yet holds the same amount.

But I don't care. It's pretty, it feels great in my hand, it carries easy, and it's a SIG. I don't miss the shield.

I was warned when I bought my first Sig that I wouldn't be able to stop at one. I should have listened!

I just found a really good deal on one and ordered it. I really like those wood grips. If you prefer the black G10 let me know Smile

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
quote:
I was getting that itch to pick up another gun... you know how that goes.

Sig Sauer P225-A1 9mm

Images removed.

This gun doesn't even make much sense. It's almost as big as my M11-A1 but holds half the rounds, and is waaay bigger than the Shield I sold to help fund it yet holds the same amount.

But I don't care. It's pretty, it feels great in my hand, it carries easy, and it's a SIG. I don't miss the shield.

I was warned when I bought my first Sig that I wouldn't be able to stop at one. I should have listened!

I just found a really good deal on one and ordered it. I really like those wood grips. If you prefer the black G10 let me know Smile

I am super happy with mine, it's only been to the range once, but I tested with multiple types/brands of FMJ and JHP. Preformed flawlessly and felt just right in my paws.

You'll be really happy.

Now to find a holster for mine....

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love mine. People roll out the dimensions and state that it isn't much smaller than a 228. The numbers don't lie but they also don't tell the whole story. That dimensional difference makes the 225a1 feel PERFECT in my hand. In my safe the 225a1 and 226 Legion hang right next to each other. I love my Legion, it is a fantastic firearm. It feels like a brick, a well loved brick, but a brick nonetheless next to the 225a1.

In a perfect world you could find a way to squeeze in a double stack into that frame and you would never sell another 228/9 ever again.

Obviously this isn't possible but a man can dream. Lol

And yes, it does a very good trigger action.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fine looking pistol. I have one like it and believe I can shoot it more accurate than any of my other Sigs. Has great balance and just plain feels good in my hand.

Several Sigs and some others. Like and use them all.

Posts: 28 | Location: alabama | Registered: February 10, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deputy 617
posted Hide Post
What a beautiful looking pistol! That, is one to be proud of. Also, I agree with the others who have said that those wooden grips really come together on that gun. Utilitarian, yet classy. Congratulations to you on the purchase of a remarkably nice looking heater.

SIG SAUER...... Get you some!

Posts: 369 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post