SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Sig P225-A1 to scratch the itch
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Sig P225-A1 to scratch the itch Login/Join 
posted
I was getting that itch to pick up another gun... you know how that goes.

Sig Sauer P225-A1 9mm

This gun doesn't even make much sense. It's almost as big as my M11-A1 but holds half the rounds, and is waaay bigger than the Shield I sold to help fund it yet holds the same amount.

But I don't care. It's pretty, it feels great in my hand, it carries easy, and it's a SIG. I don't miss the shield.

I was warned when I bought my first Sig that I wouldn't be able to stop at one. I should have listened!

Posts: 34 | Location: Ohio | Registered: March 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jwk226
posted Hide Post
That is a nice looking firearm! Congrats! Best pistol I ever handled and balances nice, plus a top notch shooter!

Posts: 63 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: February 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post
I'm told this model is one of the best under the radar shooters in the Sig lineup. Love the wood grips, its a beauty!! Congrats!

Posts: 1874 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
That is one fine looking firearm right there.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 888 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are those factory wood grips?

Posts: 532 | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blueinterceptor:

Yes.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ColumbusJBR:
I was getting that itch to pick up another gun... you know how that goes.

Sig Sauer P225-A1 9mm

This gun doesn't even make much sense. It's almost as big as my M11-A1 but holds half the rounds, and is waaay bigger than the Shield I sold to help fund it yet holds the same amount.

But I don't care. It's pretty, it feels great in my hand, it carries easy, and it's a SIG. I don't miss the shield.

I was warned when I bought my first Sig that I wouldn't be able to stop at one. I should have listened!

I went through the same challenge a couple months ago, but gave in as well.
Here is my take......I still have my Shield and it fits the bill when I want a small, light and concealable CCW. Yes I also realize that they both have the same capacity but........
For regular CCW environments, if I need my weapon, I want a solid "Fighting" gun than will perform just as well as a full size. I believe the 225-A1 meets that requirement.
Nothing wrong with the Shield, but the 225-A1 is just head and shoulders superior than the Shield.
I have no plans on getting rid of my Shield and will CCW it more when the summer rolls around.

Good luck and congratulations on your new purchase.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

Yes.

I would like to find a set that color

Posts: 532 | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes.

None for sale from Hogue or from SIG. They are available only as part of the gun they are on.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great looking gun...... Smile

Posts: 102 | Registered: June 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Took mine to the range for the first time ever tonight. She shot flawlessly. Tried at least 3 mags each of: Critical Duty 135gr; MagTec 124 +p; and HST 124gr +p in it. Also two different types of ball ammo. Zero hiccups and pretty darn accurate given the fact that the shooter sucks.

Here's some pictures, all shots were at 7 yards, a couple of the targets were DA only, releasing the decocker after each shoot.

First target:

Second target:

Crappy picture I just took with cell phone 30 seconds ago:

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies.

Now, anyone know of any retailers besides the Sig store that sell mags for this?

They are appearing to be hard to find, especially at a decent price.

I'm pretty sure MecGar makes them, but haven't been able to find a whole lot of info. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Posts: 34 | Location: Ohio | Registered: March 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks for the replies.

Now, anyone know of any retailers besides the Sig store that sell mags for this?

I'm pretty sure MecGar makes them, but haven't been able to find a whole lot of info. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Osage Co Guns $37.00

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the same sickness about sig & S&W but sig usually wins, great looking gun.

Posts: 15 | Registered: July 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Thanks for the replies.

Thanks!

Osage Co Guns $37.00

Thanks!!!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cousin Vinnie:

I went through the same challenge a couple months ago, but gave in as well.
Here is my take......I still have my Shield and it fits the bill when I want a small, light and concealable CCW. Yes I also realize that they both have the same capacity but........
For regular CCW environments, if I need my weapon, I want a solid "Fighting" gun than will perform just as well as a full size. I believe the 225-A1 meets that requirement.
Nothing wrong with the Shield, but the 225-A1 is just head and shoulders superior than the Shield.
I have no plans on getting rid of my Shield and will CCW it more when the summer rolls around.

Good luck and congratulations on your new purchase.

My Shield was a great gun and I carried it for years. Never a malfunction, light and slim, accurate, but..... after I bought my first Sig (M11-A1) I never shot it. Every time I went to the range I'd take the shield, but I'd always spend all my time shooting the Sig and my 1911 (or my polished CZ 75 when I wanted to make my friends jealous). The Shield just wasn't that exciting anymore. The more I shot my Sig, the less I practiced with my Shield, which is what I carried the most. I didn't love the idea of carrying a gun that I rarely shot, so at that point it seemed expendable. Also, for reasons I can't quite explain, these days I'm preferring metal hammer fired guns over the plastic fantastic striker guns. Truth be told, I'd have kept it if Sigs weren't so damn expensive, but they are so I didn't. Oh well. I haven't shot the 225 much yet, but if what I read is true, I will be excited to practice with it.

The Sig fever is real

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Took mine to the range for the first time ever tonight. She shot flawlessly. Tried at least 3 mags each of: Critical Duty 135gr; MagTec 124 +p; and HST 124gr +p in it. Also two different types of ball ammo. Zero hiccups and pretty darn accurate given the fact that the shooter sucks.

Here's some pictures, all shots were at 7 yards, a couple of the targets were DA only, releasing the decocker after each shoot.

First target:

Second target:

Crappy picture I just took with cell phone 30 seconds ago:

NICE! Cool

Q

Manufactures Rep.
Picture of Ken @ Hogue Inc
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes.

No wood available at this time, Only G10 Black or Black/Grey

Need technical help with Hogue products and your firearm?

Try the Hogue Knowledge Base for answers!

Hogue Gear
Holsters and more...
www.hogueinc.com
www.hogueknives.com www.heatedtoiletseat.com www.zombiegrips.com
Ken@hogueinc.com

View or Download your Catalog today;

2023 Catalog

2023 Knife Catalog

Hogue AR-15/ Catalog

Request a Catalog

Posts: 1597 | Location: Home Office, Paso Robles, CA -Headquarters, Henderson, NV. -W/Warehouses in San Diego, CA and Vienna, Austria | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks nice! Just picked up my first sig yesterday (226 tacops). I'm already looking at the 225A1

Posts: 13 | Registered: February 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your new Classic P225 A-1, I love mine and it amazes me all the time on how well it shoots and how accurate it is...

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post