SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Question re: Browning BDA Rarity, Value, etc.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question re: Browning BDA Rarity, Value, etc. Login/Join 
posted
Hello, All.

I realize value is, in part, determined by condition. I’m looking at a SN’d 395RR xxxx BDA in 85-90% condition. No cracks in original grip panels, no box, and only one magazine (correct, w/o cuts for later mag release on P220).

Are these typically worth say, $150-200 more than comparable P220s?

Former US Army, Sgt., 82nd Abn. Div. Paratrooper,
Infantryman, (81mm Mortars) Certified Armorer

Love God, Country, & Family

Posts: 89 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: November 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Browning BDA Rarity, Value, etc.

Are these typically worth say, $150-200 more than comparable P220s?

Not to me.

Q

Posts: 26353 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No, It's just a shooter-grade P220. Any SIG (or Browning) collector who wishes to add a BDA to their collection is not even going to look at an 85-90% example. That's shooter-grade, not collector-grade, and is worth no more and no less than a SIG-marked P220 in the same caliber and in comparable condition.

Posts: 107511 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I paid $300 for the last one I got and it is reasonably in 90-95+%. Still haven't shot it as it is just so cute with all its blue and no smileys on it whatsoever.

Those who forget history are destined to repeat it.

Posts: 385 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bore Lover:
I paid $300 for the last one I got and it is reasonably in 90-95+%...

Seriously?! Any decent pistol from that era for that price, in that condition is a steal!

I want to shop where you shop.

Former US Army, Sgt., 82nd Abn. Div. Paratrooper,
Infantryman, (81mm Mortars) Certified Armorer

Love God, Country, & Family

Posts: 89 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: November 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill-in-Texas:
... than comparable P220s?

Yes, but only if it is originally chambered in 7.65mm instead of 45 ACP.

If it is something a collector needs to finally have a BDA from every year they were made, it might be more appealing to them than most.
If it has a neat serial number like 395RR0045, more than a casual glance would be given.

Other than that, they should mostly be the same.

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill-in-Texas:
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bore Lover:
I paid $300 for the last one I got and it is reasonably in 90-95+%...

Seriously?! Any decent pistol from that era for that price, in that condition is a steal!

I want to shop where you shop.

Of course it was a steal. That is why it never made it to the shelf. I bought it fives minutes after the guy traded it in. The owner of the shop only allowed the guy $200 for it when he traded it in and since it was his shop and I knew how much it was worth I had no problem whatsoever giving him $100 profit. If I had not done that, he would have put it on the shelf priced like a new Sig as he hated Sigs. If he did it would have sat on the shelf for a long damn time like many others I have seen him have like that. It never made sense to me how he did business in regard to Sigs.

Those who forget history are destined to repeat it.

Posts: 385 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Had a similar find. There was an Allround that sat in the guys case for over four months. They had marked it down to $999 and I asked if they would sell it for $888. Sold! Big Grin

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post