SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Primary Arms Magpul Glock mag sale
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Primary Arms Magpul Glock mag sale Login/Join 
I Am The Walrus
posted
I’m going to pick up some 17 mags. They’re $10.95 each. I know some guys only use the OEM mags but Magpul makes great stuff so I’m going to try them out.

Posts: 13112 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Only issues I’ve ever had were with steel cased ammo. Seems to gum up the innards or have too much friction, causing the rounds to hang up in the magazine, which led to feeding issues with otherwise 100% reliable Glocks.

Magpul seems to think that’s ok, since they said the fix was clean and lightly lube the inside of the magazine.

I still have my Glock PMAGs but they’re all either NIB as rainy day spares or trade fodder.

Back to OEM for me, if you don’t use steel you might never have any issues.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have some glock pmags with about 8,000 rounds through them...no problem. The year before last, Jerry Jones was shooting them in a 17 and said he had about 15,000 through them at the time without trouble.

I have had zero issues with them, but wouldn't carry them off the range, simply because glock mags aren't that expensive for factory, and I'd rather carry the factory magazine. On the range, no problem.

I attended my first competition a couple of days ago, and may use the pmags for that sort of thing, too. The bumper pad on the bottom is nice.

-- Thanks for the heads up. I ordered fifteen mags plus some other junk.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had no issues with them. The only things I don't like are the lack of witness holes other than full capacity and the bases on the 15 round mags stick out a bit more than I would like.

But they just run and run and run.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the Magpul Glock magazines just fine. I use the 21 round mags in IPSC for Limited Minor. Not a single problem so far. And they have gotten dirty!

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I wonder if they'll ever make them for calibers besides 9mm.

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I haven't punished my set of PMAGs all that much but to date they've run just as reliably as any factory Glock magazine. I've not shot any steel cased ammo--I don't use or look for the stuff--but everything else I've tried has worked without drama.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Magpul Glock mags run fine when kept clean and fed brass cased ammo.

To maintain the outside dimensions with an all plastic mag Magpul had to slightly reduce internal volume. Additional friction like steel cased ammo, dirt, sand etc is enough to cause issues.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting. Perhaps it's best to start with them downloaded by 1.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, mine have been flawless through a couple cases of brass (blazer, Fiocchi, and some Speer), I just got to working on some of the steel I had laid back in early - mid 2016.

At first I thought it was the ammo or the gun, but you can actually see how long it takes the mags to push a steel round up after they are a bit dirty - ie, you flick the top round off and count 1-2, sometimes 3 before the next round gets fully into position.

With the Brownells deals on OEM mags down to $18.99 each last fall, I just went with them for everything but would have no issue using the PMAG for brass training or carry.

Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
I ordered a few. I’ll give em a try.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up. Ordered a few to try in my Ruger PCC

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I ordered 7 of them to give me 10 total. I like to have 10 mags total for my pistols.

Even if I don't carry the Magpul mags, I'll still have 3 for carry and reduce the wear and tear just using 3 mags.

posted Hide Post
I'll add that at $10 a pop, they are worth it (about what I paid for the ones I have).

They work great with brass IME, just want people to know some of the limitations if using steel in them with your Glock (GASP)! Wink

Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
The only issue I've ever had with the magpul G19 mags, if I slap them in hard it will eject a round right out the top of the gun.

Inserted with less force they do fine.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post