SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M11-A1 Compared to 229
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M11-A1 Compared to 229 Login/Join 
posted
Is there much difference between the M11-A1 and the regular 229 regarding weight concealability, and recoil?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSAreGreat:
Is there much difference between the M11-A1 and the regular 229 regarding weight concealability, and recoil?

No. They are both P229s. Only real/major difference is the rail of the regular P229 vs non-rail M11A1.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
The M11-A1 also has phosphated internals and the older ones had chrome lined barrels. (Of course, this had nothing to do with recoil or handling)

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Badass sticker on the slide let's everyone know you are an operator.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

That's right. Forgot all about that.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A P229 in 9mm without a rail is the same gun basically as a M11A1.
M11A1 gets coated parts ,extra laser engraving and 228 grips.
A P229 in .40/357 has a wider slide then a 9mm and most likely a rail.
Almost forget about the soon to fall off combat sticker.
My M11A1 is my #1. Could be the only pistol I'd own if it ever went that far.

Posts: 113 | Location: N.E.Ohio | Registered: August 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm gonna step in with a non scientific input.

There's just "something" about a M11-A1 when you hold it in your hand.
It somehow seems to have a better balance than a standard P229, and it shoots better.

It is possible that mine is just one of the top 10% of the manufacturing process.
But several other M11-A1 owners have said the same thing.

Posts: 12 | Registered: April 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jnichols2:

It somehow seems to have a better balance than a standard P229, and it shoots better.

It is possible that mine is just one of the top 10% of the manufacturing process.

It's my #1 fav, battles with my legion for top spot. Mine had a AEP done at SIG the trigger is on par or better than my legion. I'm torn every time a "if you could only have one SIG" thread comes up. The only problem I have with it was that it has a short reach trigger which I haven't bothered to change yet. Also when I first got it I had to have extractor replaced.

No one mentioned yet the Short Reset Trigger is stock, but option on 229.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

Until you clean it with Hoppes and the sticker falls off.........

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of The_Watcher
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jnichols2:

It's my #1 fav, battles with my legion for top spot. Mine had a AEP done at SIG the trigger is on par or better than my legion. I'm torn every time a "if you could only have one SIG" thread comes up. The only problem I have with it was that it has a short reach trigger which I haven't bothered to change yet. Also when I first got it I had to have extractor replaced.

No one mentioned yet the Short Reset Trigger is stock, but option on 229.

The thing I noticed about shooting the P228 (1994 and 1993) next to the M11 is the P228 handles/balances better for me UNTIL I SHOOT IT. On the clock under the stress of a timer I can drive the M11 faster than the P228. My P228's are now gone, and I have 2 M11's.

Posts: 184 | Registered: April 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of The_Watcher
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
quote:
quote:

Until you clean it with Hoppes and the sticker falls off.........

Total gimmick, but mine come off and get stuck to the outside of the box.

Posts: 184 | Registered: April 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Yup. When all of those spy satellites looking down on your op get a fix on that logo, you will have most definitely 'made it'.

The M11-A1 feels just like a P229-1 no-rail to me, just like it should. They weigh the same, they use the same basic components with some variation on finishing. Any other differences is due to the magic of marketing.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPTKILLER:
https://www.budsgunshop.com/ca...+1%209mm%203.9/quot/

Not a terrible price.

But it's hideous looking though.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis