SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Is there any love for the P230/P232 pistols? Pic request!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there any love for the P230/P232 pistols? Pic request! Login/Join 
posted
If you've got 'em, show 'em!

I was paid $7.54/HR to go into harm's way so you didn't have to.

Posts: 646 | Location: Heart of Dixie! | Registered: April 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
P230SLleft1k by GaryBF, on Flickr

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've always been curious about them but I've never handled one in person.
Not sure what niche it would fill. Maybe a nice pocket pistol.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
I can't post pictures anymore, but I do really like both my P230 and P232. My P230 was my edc pistol for a long time. I put Nills grips on it about the time that I retired it. I liked it so much that I got a P232 stainless also. I don't carry either any more, but they are both favorite "keepers."

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
I've always been curious about them but I've never handled one in person.
Not sure what niche it would fill. Maybe a nice pocket pistol.

Niche?!

How about the fact that it is one heck of a great looking / classic looking gun?!

It's pretty much why I picked up my P232 SS.

Posts: 3466 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

I always wanted one. Just a hella sleek pistol. But it’s outdated. A lot of smaller, more powerful, higher capacity and softer shooting pistols out there these days. Only thing the P230/232 has over them is style.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes, 'style' is enough. I came across a blued P230 in a local pawn shop near work the other day for $389. I'd rate it as 'NRA Very Good'. I carried one as a BUG many years ago as an LEO when my primary weapon was a P239 in .40S&W. I think I'll 'succumb to my nostalgic moment' and get it.

I was paid $7.54/HR to go into harm's way so you didn't have to.

Posts: 646 | Location: Heart of Dixie! | Registered: April 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Nice pistol for lookin' at and while it can still do a job, there are so many more modern guns that are smaller / lighter in 380 and even 9MM, that beyond that I don't see much for it.

Lack of American controls (manual slide lock and mag release) really limit it, in addition to it's snappier blow back operation.

I had a P230SL for 3-4 years, it was pretty but beyond that, I didn't like it much.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Nice pistol for lookin' at and while it can still do a job, there are so many more modern guns that are smaller / lighter in 380 and even 9MM, that beyond that I don't see much for it.

Lack of American controls (manual slide lock and mag release) really limit it, in addition to it's snappier blow back operation.

I had a P230SL for 3-4 years, it was pretty but beyond that, I didn't like it much.

I think this is the reason(s) I never pursued one. Read a few things and was like, "Do I really want one?"
I have 2 pistols that are pretty and draw "Ohhhs and ahhhs" when I show them off.
Everything else I own gets carried and shot.
Still curious and you never know.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3220 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:

Definitely missing some stuff, the heel release is the part that's hard to get over. I bought one recently, which was the very first SIG I shot 20+ years ago. Bought it from my Mommy, she hadn't shot it in years. So for the moment it's the first and last SIG I've owned. Need to buy some .380 and take her out for a spin as soon as life slows down a bit.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Don't get me wrong, they are well made pistols - they are far from obsolete, but are just the product of a different age, before polymer became a large component to handguns.

Mines was an impulse buy; I had turned 21 and was purchasing a SIG P220 / 45. The state had a waiting period so I figured might as well get 2 handguns and what I thought was nickel finish at the time caught my eye. The P230SL was a sexy looking beast and smaller than the P220, so I figured it would be a good carry gun and told them to ring both pistols up.

I probably shot 1000 rounds through my P230 but much preferred shooting my P220. There are better options these days but if I only had a P230, I wouldn't feel too bad about it.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Like Obi Wan told Luke Skywalker about the lightsaber:

"An elegant weapon..for a more civilized age."

Posts: 3425 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got two of them - one is the all blued version, the other a "piebald" one, stainless slide and blued receiver.
I've got all sorts of different handguns, but I seem to want to carry one or the other of my 232's most often. They just fit my hands perfectly, I've never had a malfunction with either one of them, and dang they are classy!
I will try to post a picture tomorrow.

Tango Alpha Leather Goods

Posts: 97 | Location: Wilson, NC | Registered: April 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I love mine! I think the lines of the gun are among the most graceful of any design.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I think they are beautiful but when I had mine I just thought it was too snappy for me and I couldn't get used to the European magazine release.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my stainless P230...infinitely more reliable than the PPK/S. No pics, though.

Posts: 872 | Registered: October 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post