SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Two New Acquisitions, New School and Old School P225’s
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Two New Acquisitions, New School and Old School P225’s Login/Join 
posted
I thought I’d post a couple pictures my two new acquisitions. A new German P225 and a P225 A1.

Posts: 723 | Location: Sunny Florida | Registered: June 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Very very nice! Lubs me some P225A1 (so much so that I sold the P225).

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, can't go wrong with either one. I also have both and can't decide which one I like best.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post

Here's mine. The SRT kit improves it immeasurably.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:

Here's mine. The SRT kit improves it immeasurably.

Did you use the P226 SRT kit or is there a special one for the P225? I assume the former.

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 872 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice set of twins. I kick myself for selling my old one.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RobLew:
Did you use the P226 SRT kit or is there a special one for the P225? I assume the former.

I used the sear and safety lever from the P220 SRT kit. These parts are the same for the P225/6/8/20. SIG lists the SRT for the P225 on their website, where you ship it to them for $175 or so. Otherwise you can't find the drop in parts for the P225, and most other SRT kits are drying up for some reason.

Why SIG wouldn't want to keep a ~$40 parts kit supplied to vendors, and instead make people ship their guns to the Custom Shop for ~$175, is a mystery....

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
quote:
Originally posted by RobLew:

I used the sear and safety lever from the P220 SRT kit. These parts are the same for the P225/6/8/20. SIG lists the SRT for the P225 on their website, where you ship it to them for $175 or so. Otherwise you can't find the drop in parts for the P225, and most other SRT kits are drying up for some reason.

Why SIG wouldn't want to keep a ~$40 parts kit supplied to vendors, and instead make people ship their guns to the Custom Shop for ~$175, is a mystery....

Indeed...quite the mystery...

Good thing I have a bunch of P220 SRT kits...

Thanks for the confirmation.

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 872 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just like the old models. I remember getting one at Gander Mountain for $299 + tax. Won't find that deal, or a Gander Mountain these days!

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post