SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    p226 X5 extractor
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

p226 X5 extractor Login/Join 
posted
Anybody
German made X5 extractor broke and I need to find one. Any sources would be appreciated; even a used one.
Many thanks in advance.
Rivertonred

Posts: 4 | Registered: September 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sea Bass
posted Hide Post
Look up GGI--Grey Guns, I think they solved this issue a while ago.

SB

"Shohna ba Shohna - Shoulder to Shoulder"

Posts: 1645 | Location: Knox/Etown KY | Registered: June 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Yes. Bruce designed (and makes) his own X-Gun extractors. The slide has to be milled a bit to accommodate it, so your pistol will have to be sent to GGI. But even after the slide milling, a standard SIG extractor could still be used.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8945 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
Top Gun is out of stock on internal extractors.

GGI makes a replacement for the 9mm X5 extraction issue, but it requires milling your slide for it. I'm not sure if they carry a straight replacement.

You could try calling Sig directly, although since it's a part for a German-made gun, they may not have it.

Gerry at Total Automation can replace it if you send your slide. If you want to replace it yourself, you need to send him the broken one first (see this thread - https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/1750071324). Not sure how to get in touch with him anymore, though.

Also, you could try Triebel in Germany, but I have no idea how easy it would be to get a part shipped from there. I'm also assuming Google Translator works properly ( http://triebel-shop.com/produc...89&products_id=45954 ).

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
While it may need adjustment in your particular pistol, the original X-5 extractor is the same extractor used in the internal extractor SIG P220 .45 ACP pistols. SIG came out with a "New Improved" extractor for the X-5 that was supposed to cure extraction issues. But I read that it did not always fix the problem, and it is probably about as available as most parts are for the X-5s,and P210s,i.e., not at all.....

NRA Life

Posts: 1564 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
Hi!

We're sending you two used extractors tomorrow, one each new and old style. Hopefully these will get you by while we make more of our upgrade version.

Please email your mailing address to info@grayguns.com.

Thanks to everyone for helping our friend here!

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Bruce, you are a very good fellow!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8945 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post