SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 34 Gen 4, connector is only difference in trigger mechanism?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 34 Gen 4, connector is only difference in trigger mechanism? Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted
Doing some dry firing the past few days....and wondered if the connector is the only thing different in the 34 compared to a Gen 4 17 or 19. Is this correct? And is it a minus or dot connector?

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12614 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The G34 uses a minus connector. Otherwise the G34 internals are the same as a G17.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I get the dot and minus mixed up. So I guess the 27 and 19 Gen 4's have "." connectors.

Best place to buy the "-"?

Posts: 12614 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Thanks. I get the dot and minus mixed up. So I guess the 27 and 19 Gen 4's have "." connectors.

Best place to buy the "-"?

I've been ordring from GlockParts.com and they have been good to go
http://glockparts.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=6648

Posts: 7420 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just about any place that sells Glock parts will have them. Try Glockmeister. I have the minus connector in all my Glocks. It ised to be called a "3.5" connector, though it's actually 4.5.

The G34 also uses the competition trigger spring. I used to run tbat combination in each Glock, but I wasnt satisfied with the trigger reset. Now I just keep all springs stock.

Lightness isnt whats neded so much as smoothness. A lot of guys use a bit of mothers or flitz or just polishing rouge on a small cotton polish wheel on a dremel, just enough to polish contact surfaces. In my opinion, dont overdo. One can smooth and lighten to the point there's mot much discernable difference between starting to prep the trigger, and bang. That may be too much, especially if the reset isn't clear.

Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Both gen 4 34's I have owned (standard and mos) came with a dot connector.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My 35 MOS came with the dot connector. No minus. My 41 as well. Probably because they are blue label. No adjustible rear sight either

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8008 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Interesting. Sounds like I need to pull it apart to verify.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Normal G34s should come with a lighter minus connector and adjustable sights. Law Enforcement "Blue Label" G34s should come with a standard dot connector and standard fixed sights.

Posts: 32489 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Normal G34s should come with a lighter minus connector and adjustable sights. Law Enforcement "Blue Label" G34s should come with a standard dot connector and standard fixed sights.

I believe that this is the case. My duty 34 has the dot and not the minus.

Posts: 492 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: June 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
The G34 also uses the competition trigger spring. I used to run tbat combination in each Glock, but I wasnt satisfied with the trigger reset. Now I just keep all springs stock.

Lightness isnt whats neded so much as smoothness. A lot of guys use a bit of mothers or flitz or just polishing rouge on a small cotton polish wheel on a dremel, just enough to polish contact surfaces. In my opinion, dont overdo. One can smooth and lighten to the point there's mot much discernable difference between starting to prep the trigger, and bang. That may be too much, especially if the reset isn't clear.

Where did you hear this?
My 34 had the regular factory spring and there isn't a "competition" spring on Glock's site that I'm aware of.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3774 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:

Where did you hear this?
My 34 had the regular factory spring and there isn't a "competition" spring on Glock's site that I'm aware of.

No need to shout.

If you want one, go here: http://www.glockmeister.com/Gl...ng/productinfo/G349/

Or somewhere else. I'm sure there's no end to places you can get them.

3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Pefontaoine, the connector is not the only difference between a 34 and 17,19,etc.

NRA Life

Posts: 1563 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rock185:
Pefontaoine, the connector is not the only difference between a 34 and 17,19,etc.

Okay, I'll bite: What other differences are there, in the trigger mechanism?

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
Where did you hear this?

No need to shout.
If you want one, go here: http://www.glockmeister.com/Gl...ng/productinfo/G349/
Or somewhere else. I'm sure there's no end to places you can get them.

The OP's question was about the difference between Glock models, not aftermarket parts.
Thanks for the link but i already have a competion spring in my 34...and in every other Glock I shoot.
The "The G34 also uses the competition trigger spring" isn't accurate info when referring to stock models.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3774 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
So just the connector then right? Alas just trying to make my 17/19/26 feel the same as the 34 so I'm shooting exactly the same trigger between them all. I've got Gen 4 G17 triggers in the 19/26 already.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
So just the connector then right? Alas just trying to make my 17/19/26 feel the same as the 34 so I'm shooting exactly the same trigger between them all. I've got Gen 4 G17 triggers in the 19/26 already.

Unless you want to go dicking with chasing a really lighter weight with aftermarket parts, all you need to match the civilian market 34 is changing out the connector. I just took a look at the latest version of the armorers manual to make sure. It shows three factory trigger spring options. The standard coil, the NY1 and NY2. The G17 and G34 (all versions according to the manual/not including the Gen5 17 of course) show factory settings to be the standard coil.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post