SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The Cult Of The P7
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Cult Of The P7 Login/Join 
Pursuing the wicked
Picture of rangemaster
posted Hide Post
Mine is the fat trigger model. I preferred the skinny.

Posts: 1621 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
When all the surplus ones from Germany were coming in at very nice prices I told a friend in the business I’d like one but without a grind mark. He said he could do that and a few days later I received a NIB KH dated PSP.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In 1986 the Utah Highway Patrol went with the Heckler & Koch P7 M13 replacing their Smith&Wesson Model 27 357 Magnum Revolver 3 1/2 inch Barrel. Utah carried them until 1997 when the P7 M13 was replaced by the Beretta 8040D Cougars due to the H&K P7 M13 parts and magazine prices skyrocketed so they were replaced the Cougar was the shortest live duty sidearm the UHP carried until 2001 when UHP went with the Glock 22 40 Gen3 they were carried until circa 2015/16 when the Glock 17 Gen4 9MM became the issued but not Standard issued duty weapon due to a change in policy in 1999 giving the Troopers a choice to carry a personal sidearms in 9MM 40S&W 45ACP. The Utah Highway Patrol may be issued by now either the Glock 17 Gen5 or Glock 45 9MM.

Posts: 85 | Location: Bloomington Minnesota | Registered: May 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Spieler
posted Hide Post
The P7 was one of my grail guns since 1984. At the time I wasn't old enough to get one, then I went overseas and then life happened. I finally got one of the 'B' condition guns that CDNN had in 2008 for $499.99.

quote:
Originally posted by Spieler:

With some friends of the era.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv...rce=ig_web_copy_link

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Spieler,

Posts: 2433 | Location: ATL South OTP | Registered: December 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Had one. Grind mark. Thought it would be good in a home with youngsters. Manual of arms was different. Squeezing without a magazine dropped the slide. Realized that I would likely squeeze the grip under stress, in a magazine reload situation. It also was so heavy that it fell from a holster onto the concrete floor. Couldn't see carrying this, regardless of its accuracy. Don't remember how I sold it. One of many purchases followed by resale when I realized a "perfect" weapon was not perfect for me.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5051 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1310 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
I have a couple, may just be buried with them.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
After selling an "A" grade P7 and a rare Park Police P7M8 phosphate, I have another "A" grade P7.

a P7M8 Chantilly

M13 Chantilly

M8 Jubilee

and a last 500 edition

Obviously I like P7's

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7094 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I've owned two PSPs and so regret selling them. But they were cheap to buy and I made money selling each of them. Then they dried up.

German police have been phasing them out and, if they don't get destroyed, there will be over 30,000 of them flooding the US market soon. But then they could end up being made into manhole covers. I have seen plenty of cops in Germany carrying them on my annual visits to the Fatherland.

I was also in the back of a NJ State Trooper car following an accident, and he had one. But that was when they grew on trees.

Posts: 3527 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They most likely will not be sold to the surplus market but destroyed instead. From what many have said, Germany does that with their service weapons now, and has been doing that for a few years now.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I like the P7, and have one each with the different mag releases. The only thing I don't like is after three quick mags in the summer the area above the trigger gets hot! The P7M8 is no better than the earlier ones to me. My first was a P7M8 with the grind mark. I sent it off to Ford's they did a great job. Then I sent the frame and mags out, can't remember the place for the two tone look, at the time it was the first two tone P7 I had seen posted on the web.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
I've had half a dozen over the years, bought at great deals but I never keep them. When going rates are what they are on GB, it's hard to justify holding onto them. I always get 2-3x what I paid so I don't feel remorse over parting with them, but I do appreciate the design and legacy.

I got to play with some rare ones in the Gray Room at H&K which was cool.

Here are some I owned.

This is funny I bought one of these off of you about 2 years ago still love that thing! Its the West German one now I wish I bought it with the Nills grips
Tim

Posts: 119 | Location: Locust Grove, Virginia | Registered: November 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post