SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The Cult Of The P7
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Cult Of The P7 Login/Join 
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
I love my P7M8! I don't carry it much, but love it.

Ditto.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
I have one for now, I love it. Great guns but just so many better choice out there now a days.

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Don't want to be a cult member. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Don't want to be a cult member. Big Grin

Of the P7 you mean. The bylaws state you can only belong to one cult and yours is the P228 IMO.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
My first P7 was the original PSP I bought in the mid-80s for the princely sum of $400. I carried it as my duty gun...and discovered that it's largest drawback was the lack of holster choices (I used a Tex Shoemaker holster which was less than optimal)

Got upset a few years later, when money was much tighter, when H&K made a LE push and offered the then new M8 for $378 and the M13 for $397...yup $19 difference. I finally got a M8 as a New Jersey SP surplus for $650.

I still shoot both of them in IDPA competition

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I bought one of the "recent" PSP imports that Bamgers sold, just so I could tick off a box in my firearms education. I bought it and about 7 or 8 spare mags. It was cool, an occasional plinker. Two issues, one was that it was cosmetically challenged. I got one of the stinkers and that left a poor taste in my mouth. The other thing was, what I had invested in it bugged me, to have it sit in the safe 362 days a year. I don't even think it was so much what I had in the gun, but the cost of gun, combined with the very expensive mags, it was a respectible chunk of change. I needed to fund a Limted gun for USPSA, so I sold it, the mags and the holster I bought, which covered the majority of the cost of the gun.

A gun which I really no longer use, which sits in the safe for years at a time now. When I was using it, I felt I'd made the right choice. Many years later, I wish I'd kept it. That's usually what happens when I do the right thing.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a P7 and a P7M8 and sold both to fund NFA items. This beauty was gifted to me by a good friend and forum member. It will never leave my family and yes, I shoot and carry it on occasion.

Posts: 1099 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I traded my H&K VP70 plus some cash for my H7K P7 PSP. I think it was the first one in Houston. I loved it so much. The grip angle was perfect for my hand and all I had to do was point my finger at an object and it was hit. Mine was stolen out of my truck and I never replaced it.

Posts: 9 | Location: Cleveland, Ohio | Registered: May 26, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I bought 4 PSPs back when their was a big surplus, I paid $450 each. The gun shop owner thought I was crazy to spend that much, haha Big Grin

I sold one to my dad and one to my cousin and kept the other two. You really need a few because they get so hot shooting them Smile

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3642 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had two P7M8s and a P7K3 back in the day.
The K3 was convertible between .380 and .22LR.

I loved the dang things and trained extensively with them.

The 9mms were very reliable and easy to shoot well but...the manual of arms for the things was so different it took some practice and dedication to get really good with it.

At the time, I came to the conclusion it was a gun that a person should probably dedicate themselves to if they were going to carry it.

Great guns and great pieces of history.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one of the Grade A ones for somewhere around $675 on a whim and after reading threads about it on here back when the Grade A and Grade B's were floating around everywhere for sale, maybe 10 years ago. I like it a lot, even though you can only shoot about 40 rounds through it before you have to set it down. Also MAG's seem to be plentiful enough that you can find at least 10 people selling them, but they're hellified expensive.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
I bought one of the Grade A ones for somewhere around $675 on a whim and after reading threads about it on here back when the Grade A and Grade B's were floating around everywhere for sale, maybe 10 years ago. I like it a lot, even though you can only shoot about 40 rounds through it before you have to set it down. Also MAG's seem to be plentiful enough that you can find at least 10 people selling them, but they're hellified expensive.

Yeah, they get hot! That's why I used to have two. When practicing I'd switch back in forth between guns, letting one cool why shooting the other.

Kind of worked but I still have some little burn marks to show for my efforts.

The things were obvious not designed for extended strings of fire.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Pristine PSP.

Posts: 2304 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
My PSP. Bought it about 10 years ago. I pull it out for a range trip about once a year or so. Still fun to shoot for the first 50 or so rounds until it heats up.

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I purchased a used HK P7 PSP in 1985, at an unbeatable price of $350. I snapped it up quickly, for the price for a new HK P7 in those days was close to $1100. It's one of the few guns in my collection (of 40 years) that I feel one doesn't have to shoot to enjoy - it's such a marvel of engineering, one can appreciate it purely as a snapshot of representative design technology. With that said, I've always loved shooting it, for it's extremely accurate and responsive - and its early hammer forged polygonal rifling still looks very cool. But as we all know, it does get hot after a certain number of rounds have been fired.

During the late 80's, a few Chicago police officers I knew happened to see one of the silhouette targets I'd recently shot at the range with my P7, and remarked "That's pretty good rifle shooting!"
I bit my lip and silently agreed with them, not wanting to start any conversations that might become difficult because they might not believe how accurate the little P7 pistol was. My 35 year old HK P7 PSP is currently with Mr. Bruce Gray, getting one of his world-famous HK striker action packages. I'm very eager to see how his mastery makes this pistol even more fun to shoot.

Posts: 110 | Location: Chicago area | Registered: April 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd love to see the same action in a modern small .380 pocket pistol.....Could imagine a S+W bodyguard or ruger LCP with the squeeze cocker and a nice trigger.......that's my dream anyways.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a P7M8 that I got in a trade. I was able to score a couple of lots of surplus magazines and a Safariland 6000 series holster. Every once in a while, I'll wear it at the range.

I am about to send it off to James at Teufelshund Tactical for a cleaning/maintenance/inspection. I blame it all on Die Hard.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own 2 P7's. Both are the Lower Saxony German State Police imports.

First one I bought from a local gun dealer in the fall of 2008. It was in the used gun case for around $700. It had holster wear on the slide and missing a white insert in the rear sight, so not pristine, but I had wanted a P7 for years and could not afford a new P7M8 so I jumped on it. Only got the gun and one mag. No case, tools, manual, or second mag.

The second one I bought I believe in the spring or summer of 2009 from Top Gun Supply when they had a number of them for sale. It was my first gun purchase online and it went smooth and fast. The gun was listed as a grade A and it was the same price as my first one so I jumped on it as fast as I could set up the transfer with a local dealer (same day...lol). The gun truly is a grade A gun. It looks brand new, has the owners manual, tools, second mag, and the case is in terrific shape.

The grade A one would be the last pistol in my collection that I would ever get rid of. Both of them I can pick up, point at my target and fire a round and hit where I want without a thought or hesitation as if I was born with the guns in my hands. Love all my other pistols and can shoot them accurately, but the P7's are like an extension of my arm. YMMV

Posts: 80 | Registered: July 21, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a used but like new P7M8 over a decade ago. I thought the SA trigger pull was bit too gritty and creepy, and not really like the "SA" on a hammer fired pistol.

Plus the weight of an all steel pistol with only 8+1 rounds of 9mm, and the cost of spare magazines at $80+ meant I wasn't likely to carry it. I shot it a few times, and it did get pretty hot after 50 rounds. I traded it for something else, can't really remember what.

Yeah, that was stupid of me, it would be worth a lot more today and it is a truly unique pistol that should have kept a space in the collection.

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post