SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Looking for insight on a holster for a Ruger Blackhawk 357
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for insight on a holster for a Ruger Blackhawk 357 Login/Join 
posted
I have been searching a while now for a good deal on a Ruger Blackhawk and finally found one. It is a 4 5/8" stainless model. I am now looking for a decent,leather holster that can attach/slide on my regular pants belt and was wondering if anyone knows or has any experience with suck a thing. I would like to get a cowboy holster/belt but think it would be a waste,at least for me as I don't have a real purpose for one( I know it is not necessary). I just want a holster outside the pants to keep on my hip. I don't think I will be carrying it as I am surprised at how much this sucker weighs. Any help would be appreciated,thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: patw,

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CME Holsters. I have both the Hog Runner SA and Border Ranger.
Sinply Rugged Holsters make great leather for SAs, too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16085 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I too can vouch for Simply Rugged holsters.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
El Paso Saddlery has made me some nice holsters over the years, I carry my Colt SAA in a Threepersons model when in the woods.

Also, another vote for Simply Rugged, I have a pancake style that my 4” Smith 28 carries nice and flat under a jacket.

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
For that style gun I have...

Two Simply Rugged's, though I don't really use the pancake anymore. It carries nice behind the hip, but re-holstering is a pain with many layers and a heavy winter coat on. (Hunting, every time I'd sit I'd unholster)

A Mernickle

And an El Paso Saddlery

(just realized I have a couple others, but those are the three I use the most)

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I’m a huge fan of Simply Rugged. I think I have 6 of their holsters and a few mag carriers. I can’t say enough good things about them.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
El Paso Threepersons style works very well - if the 4 5/8 is out of stock, the 5 1/2 works just fine.. Midway is running a good deal on them right now.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/101367196

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Check out these folks: https://www.mernickleholsters.com/

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I have One of these...

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11275 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the responses. The pistol came with a cheap holster and it doesn't cover the trigger/guard that much and didn't seem like it held the gun securely, at least in my eyes. I love the cowboy rigs but I would hate to buy it and have it just sit around and not get used. I still can't over how heavy and big this thing is.

On a side note, do Ruger Blackhawks all use the same frame and cylinder? The cylinder looks like it could easily hold a couple more rounds,if drilled that way. It is pretty robust but I like it.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post