SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ 75 compact w. rail question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 75 compact w. rail question Login/Join 
posted
I just noticed an interesting term being used on a CZ 75 Compact with rail for sale. The ad describes one of the pistol's features as having a "safety stop on hammer". What exactly does this term mean? I can't seem to recall ever having heard it used, at least not with reference to the CZ 75. This particular CZ 75 Compact has a steel frame and ambidextrous safety levers.

Posts: 2007 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
They're probably referring to the half-cock notch/shelf.

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
You must be talking about this one.
https://czcustom.com/new-firea...-b-compact-rail.html

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pessimist:
They're probably referring to the half-cock notch/shelf.

Yup, most likely.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yessir,12131, that's the one. Even though I don't have use for the rail itself, I really like the looks of the pistol's side profile compared to the standard CZ 75 Compact. Does anyone have a pic to show what this railed version looks like from the front?

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
This is a pic of the front the P-01 (off the net), which is the same as the one above, except for the alloy frame and decocker.

Q

posted Hide Post
Thank you very much! Looks pretty nice.

Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
Supposedly only 500 or some of the steel frame CZ75 compacts imported into the country. I know CZ Custom had some, but I'm not sure who else has them in stock.

http://www.czfirearms.us/index...ic=83224.0;topicseen

I picked one up. It's a tank for a compact pistol (like a stainless P229), but with a trigger job it shoots like a dream.

Posts: 1788 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's interesting to know. Looks like you did some customizing there. Did you replace the hammer, grips and sights on yours?

Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
That's interesting to know. Looks like you did some customizing there. Did you replace the hammer, grips and sights on yours?

Yes, and a 10x bushing, trigger and some internals. I can't leave things alone...

Posts: 1788 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Who did the grips? I like it.

Q

posted Hide Post
We own a P-01 and it is an excellent shooter. Ours is aluminum frame and not rare. The excellent ergonomics of the CZ 75 variants is what distinguishes them. They feel great in our hand. The down side is that slide riding inside the frame makes racking it somewhat difficult for us.

We trudge on.

Posts: 123 | Registered: March 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

LOK grips. http://lokgrips.com/

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by huskerlrrp:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

LOK grips. http://lokgrips.com/

Hey thanks! It's too bad that VZ is behind the ball on this one. They do offer the palm swell on the full size CZ, but not the Compact. I've been waiting on them for some time now, but they still don't offer it.

Since LOK has it, then LOK it is. Thanks again.

Q