SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What's the weirdest, rarest, most valuable, or seldom seen pistol you own? - Please include pictures!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's the weirdest, rarest, most valuable, or seldom seen pistol you own? - Please include pictures! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Spot saved for a 3" nickel S&W pre-30 in 32 S&W.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
The weirdest, rarest, and most valuable pistol I own may not be the same thing. I'll have to look in the safe and ponder.

I have a 9mm P220, which is kinda rare in the states.
I have an Automag III which is kinda rare.
I have a S&W 940 which is kinda rare.

I have a Swiss P210-6 which is the most valuable pistol I own.

I'll post some pics, but I've recently transitioned away from the Mac, so it'll be a moment.

Luckily I said or not and... Find something cool, pretty, classic, rare, unique, or otherwise special to you.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

Luckily I said or not and... Find something cool, pretty, classic, rare, unique, or otherwise special to you.

in that case, I do love a few of mine

Caracal F - a UAE recall-replacement gun. They're great guns, and not super common either.

I also like my MK23 a lot. not super rare, just got it for a good deal and I love shooting it.

my comp'd beretta 90-two is also suuch a fun gun to shoot and kind of unique since I put it together.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not that rare but interesting... an Action Arms imported CZ-85 circa 1993. I added the wood grips.

Posts: 241 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
My one of one S&W Performance Center Prototype 45CQB. Used on the cover of American Handgunner and inside for the article on the model.

From back when Performance Center meant something. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
My one of one S&W Performance Center Prototype 45CQB. Used on the cover of American Handgunner and inside for the article on the model.

From back when Performance Center meant something. Regards 18DAI

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NorfolkP229
posted Hide Post
I wanna play!!

3" S&W 625

Original run Grayguns Sig P220 10mm

---------------
Jeffrey

P365 - GGI P220ST 10mm - Sig Mosquito - Various Others

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. " - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 7896 | Location: WNC Native, now in Virginia Beach, VA | Registered: August 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
I do not think I have anything that qualifies as "weird" and as to most valuable, are you really just looking for something that lots of money was spent on? That is going to be something engraved with gold and platinum inlays, probably more gaudy than interesting.

Now Rarest? That is easy

That would be my Smith and Wesson SW40Ti Titanium SIGMA. Not really a cool or highly sought after firearm, but there is only one of them that was made

Or the one Smith and Wesson model 3566 Limited that was produced with two top ends. One for 356TSW and one for 40S&W. Notice one safety is domed and one is dished to provide easy visual and tactile identification of which top end is mounted.

Seldom seen is a MUCH larger category

Probably should start this off with a Wildey Magnum.

Or the LAR Grizzly long slide

Going to the opposite end of the size and weight scale is perhaps the 2", 19 ounce total Titanium Taurus model 450 chambered in 45 Long Colt

The 45 Super Long Slide from Springfield is very seldom seen pistol from the well known 1911 manufacturer

The Smith and Wesson Performance Center 940 Special which was chambered in 356TSW. 300 were manufactured but they do not get out much

Even more seldom seen is one of the 25, first day of production, Smith and Wesson model 649s that the factory had Class A+ engraved. This is the 39th model 649 produced.

Or one of the 5 Master engraved and nickel plated Smith and Wesson model 45s that were created to be part of the Factory's permanent Museum collection

Well I can see from participating in this thread that I need to rephotograph some of the firearms that were added 10-15-20+ years ago and take pictures of several firearms that could join this category if I had images.

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
This electroless nickel (EN) P225 is the only confirmed factory nickel P225 I've ever seen. To top that off, it has no import marking. Nor does it have country of origin marking. Eek

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Not rare, but seldom seen are the nickel P228s, the stainless frame P228s, and the M11Bs.

Q

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I got this oddity from a trade with member redleg2/9, a consecutive serial numbered slide-frame P228. Eek
The info I received from member 220parts' contact over Germany, who used to work at SIG, was that this was a factory mistake/mix-up.
"After proof shooting and sighting in, the pistols were field striped again for cleaning. Slide and Frame were separated.
After this the pair the wrong parts and in final inspection they don’t found the mistake."

Now, if I somehow ended up with its mix-up twin, I definitely am going to buy a lottery ticket. Razz

Q

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
Spot saved for a 3" nickel S&W pre-30 in 32 S&W.

MY grandmother had one. Sadly, it disappeared after her death.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I have a volunteer to post a photo, I can show you what I believe to be a one of a kind Smith revolver.
Any takers?
Thanks!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
This electroless nickel (EN) P225 is the only confirmed factory nickel P225 I've ever seen. To top that off, it has no import marking. Nor does it have country of origin marking. Eek

Q, does this have the date code? I'm trying to narrow down the JF range from our list. So looking to narrow further between these:

M540-XXX-JE-1984-Tysons Corner = Thanks to rappa
M553-XXX-JG-1986-PW Arms = Thanks to C-Dubs

Posts: 225 | Location: WA | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
If I have a volunteer to post a photo, I can show you what I believe to be a one of a kind Smith revolver.
Any takers?
Thanks!

You can email it to me at the address in my profile. I'll post it for you.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine would have to be my Det-1 Kimber.

Posts: 456 | Location: Ocala, FL 34478 | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post

#25 out of the final run of 100 Valmet L-35 "Lahti" made in 1985. Likely the only one in the US.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RogueJSK:
Thanks for the assistance! Photos inbound to you!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost, but making
good time
posted Hide Post
I've got a few seldom seen guns, mostly S&W revolvers and a couple of Sigs.

P226 Sport

P226 factory nickel "KB" date coded

P226 NSW

All three caliber BDA's

Sequentially numbered, unfired P220-1 9mm's

P228 factory nickel "KB" date code

S&W Registered Magnum #274 4" barrel from July 1935

S&W Registered Magnum #3270 4.5" barrel from November 1937

S&W 38-44 Outdoorsman from February 1932

S&W 38-44 Outdoorsman with King Sights from October 1939

S&W 38-44 Heavy Duty 4" barrel April 1941. 1 of 29 known

S&W 38-44 Heavy Duty 6.5" barrel December 1938. 1 of 16 known

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Posts: 10446 | Location: St Augustine | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
My Grandfather's S&W, M&P Model of 1905, 1st change.
Rare/valuable only to me because it belonged to my Grandfather.

quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I don't personally own anything unique or rare. I just like seeing pretty things. The closest thing I own to rare is a SIG Trailside which is not rare at all, but one heck of a gun and no longer made.

They are still made by the company that originally made them, Hammerli, but they are now called the Xesse.
Larry's guns sells them and parts in the USA.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post