SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Where is the P220 Legion...I want one!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where is the P220 Legion...I want one! Login/Join 
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted
Any word on the P220 Legion. I research all the time and there is never any new info about when this gun may hit the market. Anyone heard anything?

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't expect it any time soon.

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1587 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Get in line.... My guess is that SIG will have them at SHOT Show 2017 as their big announcement. Just a guess.

P220 Legion SAO! I'd buy one! I have a P226 Legion DA/SA and have been very pleased with it.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I got tired of waiting, so I picked up a P220 SAO here in the classifieds. The trigger is sweet, not sure how a Legion trigger could be much better.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10728 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want one too! Come'on Sig, get on it!!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beltfed21:
Get in line.... My guess is that SIG will have them at SHOT Show 2017 as their big announcement. Just a guess.

P220 Legion SAO! I'd buy one! I have a P226 Legion DA/SA and have been very pleased with it.

Announce the same gun 2 years in a row? Maybe. I was hoping it was possibly the election holding things up. Never know with Sig.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick_Perry:
quote:

Announce the same gun 2 years in a row? Maybe. I was hoping it was possibly the election holding things up. Never know with Sig.

I don't recall any announcement of a 220 SAO Legion at 2016 Shot. Just the 226, and if that sold well, possibly a 229 SAO. There have been rumors all spring and summer.... I'm not holding my breath.

**** update ***** more research on my part shows they had a demo 220 Legion on their wall of pistols, but it was not a SAO.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
I'd jump on a 227 SAO, but not a 220.

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
It's in the same place as the US P210 and the 10mm 1911. I don't remember where I read it, and take it for a grain of salt, but supposedly Sig held off of these projects and ramped up rifle production in case of a ban.

Posts: 4157 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I don't recall any announcement of a 220 SAO Legion at 2016 Shot. Just the 226, and if that sold well, possibly a 229 SAO. There have been rumors all spring and summer.... I'm not holding my breath.

**** update ***** more research on my part shows they had a demo 220 Legion on their wall of pistols, but it was not a SAO.

Its doesn't have to be a SAO for me. I would just like to see the hit the market. I have the 229 Legion and the 226 Legion DA/SA and just love both guns. A 220 Legion would round off the collection nicely.

I'll just keep waiting. It would be nice if they would drop and update every now & then.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Wanted...
Waited...
Saved up...
Waited...
Waited some more...
Saved some more...
Found an X-Six!
What Legion?

The market is out there for a P220 Legion, but just as with the GT20, some will tire of waiting and buy something else. I'm glad I did.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
Shot Show 2017 was really quiet about the P220 Legion. I know they had it at the show, but I did not hear anything about a release date timeframe? Did anyone hear anything? Did I miss it? I know this is the second year in the row it was at the Shot Show.

Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
I called Sig CS this morning to see if they had any release date info or a timeframe as to when the P220 Legion can be expected in 2017? I was told they do not have any release info for 2017. He put me on hold to double check and then came back with the same answer. Who knows?

Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:

They can be, well....mercurial at times, that's true.

BTW, you were a rotten Governor. Glad you're gone...
Razz

Posts: 801 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I was at Ready Line in Newtown, Ohio last evening. They had a nice selection of Legions. Knowing that some of their employees had attended the Shot Show, I asked if they had any word on the release date for the P-220 Legion. They did not have any definitive date, but the one employee said the first one through the door would be his. He was almost as excited as I am about this model. However, he wants the SAO, I will be waiting for a DA/SA.

Good guys at Ready Line. If you are in the area stop in and see them.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
I was at Ready Line in Newtown, Ohio last evening. They had a nice selection of Legions. Knowing that some of their employees had attended the Shot Show, I asked if they had any word on the release date for the P-220 Legion. They did not have any definitive date, but the one employee said the first one through the door would be his. He was almost as excited as I am about this model. However, he wants the SAO, I will be waiting for a DA/SA.

Good guys at Ready Line. If you are in the area stop in and see them.

That is the same situation I am in. I buy a lot of my guns at my favorite Local gun shop. One of the guys that works there is a huge Legion fan and he has dibs on the first one through the door one of the other guys told me. I would like a DA/SA. Not sure if he wants the same. I have a feeling it will be quite a wait anyways. I hope I'm wrong!!

posted Hide Post
I was told March at the Shot Show. The P226 Legion SAO was worth the wait, so I have high hopes for the P220 Legion SAO.

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A 220 would be cool.

Posts: 621 | Location: GA | Registered: September 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RC Fan:
I was told March at the Shot Show. The P226 Legion SAO was worth the wait, so I have high hopes for the P220 Legion SAO.

I hope that is true. Somehow I don't think it is since Sig CS told me no timeframe or release date yet. Never know.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Any word on the P220 Legion. I research all the time and there is never any new info about when this gun may hit the market. Anyone heard anything?

They're probably in the same location with the P320 small frames.

Posts: 1091 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post