SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I had to go back to a Beretta 92.......
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I had to go back to a Beretta 92....... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The Beretta 92 series are some of the smoothest pistols to shoot. You can't compare them to the abused and neglected M9 service pistol. Beretta USA, bring back the Vertec!

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up a new 92A1 earlier this year and added several WC parts..really like my Beretta and it is now my new nightstand buddy

IMG_7511 (800x600)

1 (800x600)

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
I really enjoy your vids although they make me feel slow. Stage 4 looked like a 180 trap at the end. Did you figure out why your mags weren't dropping free?

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3209 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
More of the same...

I started with a (Glock / Android / Toyota / Abu-Garcia / Hellman's / Mr. Pibb) and there is NO way I'd ever switch to a (Kimber / Windows / Dodge / Zebco / Dukes / Dr. Pepper) because I just can't.

Seems to work best when the only reason is 'just because...'.

As for me I don't have a Beretta yet (Being more of an opportunist than looking for specific items at the time).

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Great shooting. It's a pleasure watching you operate a Beretta. Thanks for sharing the video.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do they still make the Beretta 90-Two? I always liked the way they looked but never saw one in the local stores. It seemed like an interesting gun to me because I actually like the Beretta 92FS design but felt the weight was a little too much for carry.

Posts: 20 | Registered: August 26, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.

quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
I really enjoy your vids although they make me feel slow. Stage 4 looked like a 180 trap at the end. Did you figure out why your mags weren't dropping free?

I have 2 mags that I need to get rid of. They are way past their service life, 1 being from 1998.
You can see me struggling with mags not dropping free and mag pouches not releasing mags. I just ordered some new mag pouches, cause my 92 pouches are toast.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
Its why I went from my sp2022 to a 92fs as every day carry. Ya just never know when you face enough people and you run outta ammo, cuz damn it you need some weight behind it when you smash out a window.

I work with a guy who hates it, just simply because he carried it on duty. One of those, I hate this car because I've had it for 10 years kinda hate. Had a great story about how a dude he knew went for a piss, came under fire, and killed two radicals overseas with one.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
The Beretta 92 is one of my favorite range and nightstand guns. Mine has a few upgrades and is exactly like I want it. I don't shoot it as regularly as I used to, but I did take it out this weekend and was reminded how much I like it.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by El Viajero:
Do they still make the Beretta 90-Two? I always liked the way they looked but never saw one in the local stores. It seemed like an interesting gun to me because I actually like the Beretta 92FS design but felt the weight was a little too much for carry.

Yes but an LE SKU only. From time to time, they come up for sale but the used market is the best way. I've got two of them; one is NP3 coated and polished.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
The Posse rides... Big Grin

Wondered when the Beretta would come back out. Wink

I love by 92G. I joke and call it my side piece.

I have my Dad's M9A1 I need to convert to a "G" and respring it.

Then there's the 92 Compact that keeps calling my name.... Big Grin

Great shooting as always!

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
"The biggest hunk of shit is the M9....."

I think that you have to blame the Pentagon for the creation of that mindset. It's a common refrain from guys I work (and have worked with) as well as from some of our customers, all of who were issued the gun during their time over in Iraq and Afghanistan. 'Hatred' doesn't begin to describe the type of venom those fellows have towards the M9.

Ultimately it's all about perspective; most of us look at them from civilian eyes. It's something very different when you find yourself relying on something that should've been retired and destroyed about the time most of these guys were still in grade school. But in all fairness, we've also had former servicemen as customers who did like the gun during their time with it. One from a couple of years ago did admit that the one he was issued was a newer M9 that didn't have much in the way of use/abuse. He came in to buy an M9, and I sold him one that day. But from what I've experienced the likers are overwhelmingly outnumbered by the haters. YMMV.

P.s., we used to have a older fellow who worked for us (now retired) that hated the 1911 for exactly the same reasons. He was issued one from his time in the Army during Vietnam and it being well past its prime was "the crappiest POS handgun ever made". He carries that thought about 1911s to this day.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I've seen posts from guys who were issued brand new M9's and had nothing but positive things to say. So, it comes down to the example of the actual issued gun.

Like used cars...they vary in quality and can't be compared to a brand new example of the same year/model.

Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piedrarc:
I had an interesting conversation this past week. It's odd when you share common interests with people, but the subject can often lose focus when someone insults one of your favorite pistols.
"The biggest hunk of shit is the M9....."

Well that went sideways quick, I love the 92.

Some days, I just can't even discuss things that matter. Geez....

I get the exact same comments at the local IDPA matches here.
I shoot an M9 too, and a lot of vets participate.
They're always guaranteed to give a disparaging comment or two, but I've seen their Glock's choke a lot more frequently than my M9

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I wish I had a 92 Elite 2. I have a 96 E2 and it's a great gun. You made the course look easy too.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Now if Gallatin can just produce something besides vaporware, Id still like to add a new M9A3 to the collection

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I've actually seen two honest to by God M9A3s in TN. I mean I've seen 4 unicorns so they are pretty rare. Smile

Lord I had to go WAY out of state to find my Gallatin marked Wilson 92G.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Which version does Shooters Connection have? Thought they were new production out of Gallatin

posted Hide Post
There is a new Wilson Combat special run pistol coming out in a week or two, that many will find interesting.

Posts: 186 | Registered: September 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GJM AK:
There is a new Wilson Combat special run pistol coming out in a week or two, that many will find interesting.

I know I'll catch some flak for this but I hope it'll be a 92 Centurion built on an M9A1 frame.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post