SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I had to go back to a Beretta 92.......
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I had to go back to a Beretta 92....... Login/Join 
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted
I had an interesting conversation this past week. It's odd when you share common interests with people, but the subject can often lose focus when someone insults one of your favorite pistols.
"The biggest hunk of shit is the M9....."

Well that went sideways quick, I love the 92.

Full link -
Click here....

Some days, I just can't even discuss things that matter. Geez....

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 92 is a great gun.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
#Berettalove

Posts: 204 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everybody gets to have an opinion but I'm as likely to listen to the 92 haters as I am to listen to my wife about how much coffee I drink.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
A well maintained Beretta 92 is one of the most reliable pistols ever made. A beat up Military M9 with crappy mags......well lets just say 20 years from now a beat up P320 with crappy mags is gonna suck too.

The Beretta 92/M9 is truly one of the all time classics.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have owned several Berettas. The open slide design makes it reliable in the extreme. Great gun. The only reason I do not own one now is I have always felt they were a little bulky.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If beretta made a 92g centurion with dovetail sights. I'd have 2 and a new carry gun

Posts: 532 | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carried a 92 for a few years. I still have a few , and the 96, too.

I saw very few military M9's that weren't junk.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fantastic shooting! I have a Wilson Combat Beretta 92G! It's probably the sweetest shooting SA/DA 9mm I've ever shot. It's a Death Ray and recoil is so soft. Pistol begs to be shot fast.

Posts: 76 | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I'd say, it's a biggest reliable hunk of shit. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let me guess . The guy that told you that was carrying a Glock ?

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Slugo
posted Hide Post
I still have my M9 and will never part with it!

Posts: 59 | Registered: June 26, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slugo:
I still have my M9 and will never part with it!

That looks like a 92FS .

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Q83
posted Hide Post
The biggest hunk of shit, huh?

Definitely one of the dumbest remarks I've heard.

Great shooting, great video....

NRA LIFE MEMBER
ISRA LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 426 | Location: Illinois | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
The open slide design makes it reliable in the extreme.

I got in a big argument with a coworker about this; he was a retired full bird out of Army Intelligence. He blamed the open slide for reliability issues in the sand box; I tried to drop knowledge on him that it was inferior mags from a DoD supplier but he was insistent the open slide was the culprit.

"why do you think Beretta developed PVD-coated sand-resistant mags?"

And he went on bitching about the open slide....

Yeah, Army Intelligence (an oxymoron...) Razz

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm no M9 fan, but I immediately tune people out who talk like that unless they are talking about something truly crap-tastic like a Lorcin. I understand Hi-Point hate, but those aren't POS either, they are reliable.

Anyway, having carried the M9 on 2 tours, I'd bet my life on it as much as any other pistol, more than most (I only used OEM or MecGar mags outside the wire, I could tell at a glance the other ones were crap).

I don't get emotional about tools. I like some better than others, but no quality gun is a POS based on somebody's subjective dislike of a feature or two it has or lacks.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yup, gotta love that YUUUGE ejection port on the M9. Wink

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
you mean "sand removal window"!

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sea Bass
posted Hide Post
Put me in the camp as a Beretta fan...but, its not the gun, its the person behind the gun.

Holy crap that's good shooting! I wish I was half that good. I was middle of the pack this weekend at our local range. One day I'll get a GoPro and show you just how bad I am Wink

Thanks for posting, always like watching your competition videos.

SB

"Shohna ba Shohna - Shoulder to Shoulder"

Posts: 1645 | Location: Knox/Etown KY | Registered: June 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Man, I love these videos. Great shooting!

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post