SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M&P 2.0 owners- Apex trigger?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M&P 2.0 owners- Apex trigger? Login/Join 
posted
I've heard that the 2.0 trigger is somewhat better than the original, but is it good enough that most owners are leaving it alone?

The Compact is appealing to me, and at $450 seems almost too cheap to pass up. Of course an Apex kit raises the price a bit.

Question:
Have you replaced your 2.0 trigger with an Apex?

Choices:
No, I kept the stock trigger
Yes, I replaced the OEM trigger with Apex

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
I've got one of each actually. I have the polymer apex trigger in my carry/home defense gun. I have the standard hinged trigger in the gun that may occasionally get shot in USPSA. The apex two dot sear and polymer trigger take the gun from a nice striker fired trigger to the best striker fired trigger I've handled. I'll eventually put a 2 dot sear in the one with the hinged trigger.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
The 2.0 trigger is definitely better, at least in my sample size. I however usually can’t leave well enough alone. The Apex kit still works wonders.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't decided yet, I like the stock trigger just fine.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I have multiples of both. I like both. As the above posters said, the 2.0 trigger is nice, but the addition of an Apex kit makes it gooder.

I am going to start playing with different configurations soon. Never much a flat trigger fan, but I'm going to give it a whirl on a forward set kit.

My carry 2.0 Compact is bone stock. And I have little issues squirting out .15-17 splits that are all alphas out to 15 or so. My high round count 4.25 ran about half its life in stock. I added a DCAEK to the mix and damn its nice. I have little issues squirting out .15-17 splits with it either. And remember, splits are not the end all be all. They are just one of the metrics of how I evaluate the performance of a pistol.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I have multiples of both. I like both. As the above posters said, the 2.0 trigger is nice, but the addition of an Apex kit makes it gooder.

I am going to start playing with different configurations soon. Never much a flat trigger fan, but I'm going to give it a whirl on a forward set kit.

My carry 2.0 Compact is bone stock. And I have little issues squirting out .15-17 splits that are all alphas out to 15 or so. My high round count 4.25 ran about half its life in stock. I added a DCAEK to the mix and damn its nice. I have little issues squirting out .15-17 splits with it either. And remember, splits are the end all be all. They are just one of the metrics of how I evaluate the performance of a pistol.

I finally handled a compact 2.0 and the trigger was much less creepy than my 4.25 or 5.0 2.5’s. Was kinda surprised with how crisp it was.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rexles
posted Hide Post
I have a 2.0 full size and compact both and have not shot either enough to decide if I need the Apex gear.
Had a 1.0 full sized with stock trigger and a .40cal that had some apex parts in it and really couldn't tell the difference.
I'll wait and see.

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell

Posts: 1110 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought the trigger on my 5" 2.0 was great, at least compared to my 1.0 M&P's. Until I bought a P320FS. So I put the full Apex flat faced kit in the 2.0, and now it's very close between the two guns. I got a great deal on my 2.0, so adding the $165 kit didn't hurt too bad. But the Sig also came with tritium sights, so it's probably the better value overall.

Posts: 56 | Registered: November 29, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Don't think it was a requirement, but I did to both 2.0 and 2.0 Compact.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m far from being a trigger snob, so take this with a grain of salt, but I’ve got four bone stock 2.0’s, one 4 1/4”, one 5”, and two compacts. After 100-300 dry fire cycles, they’ve all got pretty sweet triggers. One of them, the 5”, is taking a little more dry cycles than the other three, but is coming around nicely. My 2.0’s have caused me to really thin down my Glock herd.
For MY purpose’s, no need to add anything.
Skip

Posts: 765 | Location: West Central Ga. | Registered: August 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
I've heard that the 2.0 trigger is somewhat better than the original, but is it good enough that most owners are leaving it alone?

The Compact is appealing to me, and at $450 seems almost too cheap to pass up. Of course an Apex kit raises the price a bit.

It can be found for $408.00 shipped right now.

Posts: 929 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an M&P 2.0 5" in FDE. The trigger from the factory wasn't bad, in fact, I prefer it over my Gen4 Glock 26's stock trigger. The trigger has the usual take up followed by a "wall" then a crisp break. Reset was short, tactile and audible. It was great for a service pistol.

I'm not a fan of the articulating trigger so I installed the Apex Flat trigger kit. This is now one of my favorite polymer frame handgun. The take up is super short followed by a wall and crisp break. You can swap out springs to suit your taste in trigger weight; I have the stock trigger return & sear spring with an Apex safety plunger spring; I'm getting just over 4 lbs on the trigger gauge. My groups have really tighten up although I realize mechanically the gun isn't more accurate, it's made shooting accurately easier. Everyone that's tried the 2.0 with the Apex FSS loves it.

I think M&P 2.0 are some of the best values in the market. I enjoy mine so much I haven't been shooting my Glocks.

Posts: 6 | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Same with me. The trigger mechanicals are better, but it curves enough that it's uncomfortable to shoot. It's uncomfortable enough I'd change at least the trigger shoe, but if I'm doing that, I might as well put the flat trigger in and be done with it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post