SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    G19 Gen 5 and Ghost Connector
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

G19 Gen 5 and Ghost Connector Login/Join 
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted
Browsing the Ghost website this morning, and I noticed they list their Glock connectors as being compatible with Gen 1-5. I was under the impression the Gen 5 connector had different geometry but this would seem to contradict that assumption.

Anyone with some experience with this?

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure where you heard the gen 5 had a different geometry but they don't. I have used the oem minus connector with my gen 5 and to me I couldn't tell any difference. Trigger pull was identical. I have a ghost but haven't tried it yet and probably won't. For me the gen 5 is good to go out of the box for edc if you get the NS option.

Posts: 178 | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
I just watch this video going over the differences and he said they use the same connector. You can skip to the 15 minute mark where he briefly shows them side by side.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
I just watch this video going over the differences and he said they use the same connector. You can skip to the 15 minute mark where he briefly shows them side by side.

Okay thanks for the link.

Draggun... I heard this at the LGS when I purchased my Gen 5. So much for that huh?

I'm pretty much okay with the Gen 5 trigger as is, although it's not quite a nice as my Gen 4 with an Overwatch set up. I might just drop and "Edge" in there and see what it produces.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
Certainly agree with everyone else here... prob the only Glock I ever owned without an aftermarket connector.

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I dropped the Ghost edge in my Gen 5 and although it functions and the trigger break reduce about 6-7 oz or so, there are some issues with it. It seems to hang going into battery and racking the slide is not as smooth as with the OEM connector. I reinstalled the OEM connector and it was smooth. Put the Edge back in and the same result... some stiffness in the slide movement. I went ahead and shot it a bit and it did cycle fine most of the time, but occasionally I needed to bump the back of the slide to get it completely seated.

I've sent a missive off to Ghost since they say its okay for Gen 5, and well see what they say. In the mean time I'm back to the OEM connector which I can live with.

-D.H. Lawrence

A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Follow up on the Edge connector. After talking with the tech guy at Ghost, he pointed me to a video which details how to tune the connector. I followed the instructions and it did solve the function problems. However... good grief the trigger pull is close to 4 lbs. That's way too light, albeit smooth with a very clean brake. I'd not feel comfortable with that as a carry gun. I think I'll quit screwing with this for now and settle on the OEM connector.

-D.H. Lawrence