SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Apex Triggers (namely forward set) for M&P 2.0
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apex Triggers (namely forward set) for M&P 2.0 Login/Join 
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted
I would like to get an Apex trigger for one of my M&P 2.0’s. I’m not a flat face trigger guy, but that trigger looks like it sits the furthest forward.

My only complaint about the 2.0’s is that the trigger breaks way too far to the rear. Can anyone who has installed an Apex in their 2.0 talk to me about it?

Which trigger did you install? Does a non-flat face trigger bring the break point further forward? If so, how does it compare to the flat faced ones?

Apex markets a carry trigger, how does the flat face trigger compare? Is it (flat forward trigger) too light for carry?

Just looking for advice/discussion. I’d love to get the duty and the flat faced forward set and do a comparison, but we aren’t talking “just for fun” money for two triggers. Thanks

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
The polymer apex trigger changes the geometry. It feels like it breaks earlier, and feels much lighter despite my pull gauge showing a similar weight. Ultimately, I went back to the oem trigger with the apex two dot sear. The polymer apex felt too light for my tastes in a carry gun. No experience with the forward set trigger.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
I have the Apex Flat Face kit in my 5” 2.0 and I absolutely love the trigger. I don’t have a gauge but it is on the lighter side from my impression. This can be adjusted through mixing and matching the springs. Apex provides a chart on their site that will give you the pull weights by spring installation. I don’t have any reservations carrying it with their “normal” installation.
The reset is incredibly short and your right back at the wall. The trigger continues to get better with use and is incredibly smooth. My only issue is that I’ve had one occurrence where I did not have my finger correctly on the trigger and did not disengage the safety properly.

Dial in your Flatty

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also have the metal full Flat Face Forward set kit in my 5" 2.0. It's a really nice trigger that cures the "thick wall" issue I felt with the stock trigger. It brings it up the same level as my stock P320 triggers, and that's a good thing. It did reduce the trigger pull weight a pound or so, but the crisper wall and quicker reset is where it really shines for me.

Not sure I'd do it for a carry gun, though. It's probably a bit light for that, at least the way I have mine setup.

Posts: 56 | Registered: November 29, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post