SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Foldable Glock
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Foldable Glock Login/Join 
posted

Posts: 907 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Take a simple pistol and make it complicated. More shit to break down. That's my impression.

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of caneau
posted Hide Post
I feel bad a perfectly good G19 died for that contraption. It deserved better.

Posts: 5326 | Location: The Virginia side of DC | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read some of the YT comments. One guy said:
"Nonsense on stilts".
Well said.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A magazine xarrier on the weapon that for es the hand to prip in front if or over the muzzle seems like a bad choice, especially under stress.

As for folding the G19, I dont see how it becomes any more concealable. I do see potential for a lot of bad things to happen, however, from negligent discharges to failure in use to failure to deploy in a critical moment. If the goal is to draw and fire under stress, this would appear a step in the wrong direction, to say nothing of the loss of simplicity inherent in the pistol.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Pointless

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107261 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
It could be useful in an extremely unusual set of circumstances. None you or I will probably ever be in, nor one that comes up enough for them to stay in business based on that alone.

They could probably sell a bunch to the gadget crowd.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At least with his P320, you can just buy another grip. That poor Glock though (and I don't like Glocks!). I wanna see his draw from concealment to first shot times. I'm guessing minimum 4 seconds.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Duh.... Roll Eyes

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
"about the size of a cell phone"

Or the mini-tablets that people are using as phones, and twice as thick.

*sigh*

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
No, just no.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Useless and dangerous.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjkroll32:
"about the size of a cell phone"

Or the mini-tablets that people are using as phones, and twice as thick.

*sigh*

About the size of a 9" IPAD. Roll Eyes

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
How to ruin a Glock

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone at Taurus HQ just spit out his coffee and called an emergency staff meeting to reverse engineer that thing Big Grin

Posts: 480 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I'll stick with my G26 and and spare mag and still be smaller and quicker.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
I don't mind the fact that people try to design and develop new things.

This Glock is stupid, however.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
What's the point? That was my thought after I watched the video. I don't see how it makes the gun more concealable.

Another thought: can you change magazines with that? It looked like the mag release was cut off.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Who makes the 26 round mag?

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
Who makes the 26 round mag?

It's a Magpul Pmag. He probably ment 21 round mag, or maybe theres a +2 follower or something in there, or chopped a 27 round down to 23.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post