SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I think I am going to win the award for the coolest gun of the day. (Test fired today)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I think I am going to win the award for the coolest gun of the day. (Test fired today) Login/Join 
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Seeing as how those pics were taken in your back yard, have any neighbor's freaked the fuck out, or are they right thinkers as well.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cliff:
Seeing as how those pics were taken in your back yard, have any neighbor's freaked the fuck out, or are they right thinkers as well.

If they've seen it bets are they think it's a toy model. Big Grin I mean who'd of thought someone would have a scaled down Gatling gun in 9mm? LOL

HMCS, your 2A "toy" of the year award will be forthcoming! lolololololololol

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that’s the coolest gun of the day. That’s awesome.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cliff:

The neighbors on the left are active military and like minded. The ones one the right have never shot a firearm. The neighbor directly in front is prior Army and a lawyer. Between the both of us, we could arm our entire street if need be Big Grin.

Posts: 1099 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
can something so CUTE be sooo cool?

I am going with HELL YES!

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a suppressor for it Big Grin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d74UMx0gPGc

Posts: 1099 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is a suppressor for it .

Weapon for assassins!!! Smile

That is damn near the definition of “hey y’all watch this!” And I LOVE IT.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Mini Gatling gun in 9mm...check.
Glock mags...check.
Beta mags...check.
Suppressor...check.

Now...if you could just find a way to add an ice cream maker to that hand crank, you would truly have reached nirvana. Smile

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like Lamborghinis, the hope diamond, and Mila Kunis, not worth having, unless you can have a matched set.

Like bookends. Call when you get two.

Or one gatling gun, and Mila Kunis. Mix and match is okay.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
Glock mags...check.
Beta mags...check.
Suppressor...check.

Suppressing it would be tough. Not only would you need a separate suppressor for each of the 8 barrels since they each fire independently (meaning $1600 in tax stamps alone), you'd also have to completely re-engineer the rotational mechanism to be more like a M134 Minigun or similar, since on the Gatling system there's no clearance for suppressors as the muzzles pass behind the front support bracket.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Glock mags...check.
Beta mags...check.
Suppressor...check.

Suppressing it would be tough. Not only would you need a separate suppressor for each of the 8 barrels since they each fire independently (meaning $1600 in tax stamps alone), you'd also have to completely re-engineer the rotational mechanism to be more like a M134 Minigun or similar, since on the Gatling system there's no clearance for suppressors as the muzzles pass behind the front support bracket.

I thought as much as well...but isn't the video posted by usncorpsman above of a Gatling gun Liberty canister suppressor, or am I misunderstanding and it is just a faux suppressor? It wasn't movie whisper quiet to be certain, but I just assumed it had limited db sound reduction.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Possibly one of the coolest guns I’ve seen. Very nice.

I’d almost think suppressing it would lose some of the fun factor.

And, it looks like the suppressor is one unit with 8 holes in it. So, one $200 tax stamp?

I’m also pretty sure in that video where they attached a drill to the crank they just created an unlicensed machine gun.

One “pull” of the drill trigger fired multiple rounds.

Posts: 881 | Location: High desert. Nevada | Registered: April 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I thought as much as well...but isn't the video posted by usncorpsman above of a Gatling gun Liberty canister suppressor

Yep, I totally missed that. And I've never seen a multi-barrel suppressor like that before. Cool!

(Notice how they did have to re-engineer the front support, and put the cannister suppressor behind the new extended front bracket.)

quote:
It wasn't movie whisper quiet to be certain, but I just assumed it had limited db sound reduction.

Liberty's website says it's around 120 db, which is still pretty dang loud. Too loud to be considered "hearing safe", IIRC. I'm surprised nobody's wearing ear protection in the video, especially with them being under cover.

quote:
Originally posted by Sgt 127:
I’m also pretty sure in that video where they attached a drill to the crank they just created an unlicensed machine gun.

One “pull” of the drill trigger fired multiple rounds.

The video is by Liberty Suppressors, the manufacturer. In order to manufacture suppressors, Liberty has to be a Type 7 FFL/Class 2 SOT (NFA manufacturer). With that license, they can also legally manufacture new MGs.

But yes, using a drill or other motor in place of the hand crank makes a gatling gun a machine gun, with all the associated hoops.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello,

I was able to test fire the gun today and it was literally a “Blast”. My brother and I had a 200yd range all to ourselves with the the exception of two prior grunt Marines who helped us burn some ammunition. Both Marines were long out of the Corps, but one was celebrating his birthday. He was a machine gunner and stated he had fired every gun in the Corps including 155’s but never a Gatling gun. After firing the gun, I think I saw a little tear roll down The old Marines cheek as he stated we had made his day. Big Grin

Anyway, the gun ran 100 percent with zero issues. All ammo was my 124gr handloads. We were nailing the steel target at 50yds with ease. When you watch the video, you will see that I had not set up the T&E yet. I did that later as our range day progressed and you can see it is set in my still pics.

I did not get a video running a 32rd mag as fast as I could crank the handle, but rest assured, it was gone in 3-4seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUDZgoC07No

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQm2cj3ed6c

posted Hide Post
Super cool!
Thank you for the video.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, super cool...!

Is that the range in the state forest (near Olustee?).

- Brian

--------------------
||| P226R (.40) ||| P6 ||| P320 X5 ||| SP2022 (.40) |||

Posts: 411 | Location: Northeast Florida | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The coolest thing about that whole setup is the way it despots the brass. From the perspective of one whose back hurts picking up brass, having it all in one pile is particularly awesome.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really cool.......but we need a few videos of it in operation!!!!!!!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
I concur, that is really cool!
The little wheels roll back with the recoil.

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
That is cool!

How many rounds did you go thru that day? If you don't have any, you should get some 33 rd Glock mags Cool

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16676 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post