SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I think I am going to win the award for the coolest gun of the day. (Test fired today)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I think I am going to win the award for the coolest gun of the day. (Test fired today) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Coolest thing I've seen in a long time. Looks awesome. Need to get it out and get it dirty.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drill sgt:
But will wait for the dc voltage motor driven crank version.

The narrator of one video I saw said that running it with a motor would be an NFA violation.
I was trying to figure out why that would be; anyone know?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by drill sgt:
But will wait for the dc voltage motor driven crank version.

The narrator of one video I saw said that running it with a motor would be an NFA violation.
I was trying to figure out why that would be; anyone know?

That would make it a mini gun Wink

Still not in my hands yet. On the bright side, the owner of Tippmann Armory personally called the shop after I spoke with him this morning. The shop called me to let me know the gun would be processed and ready for pick-up tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Posts: 1100 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
So after tomorrow please show some pictures so I can have photographic evidence of the thing that caused me to eat my heart out of insane jealousy. My ONLY consolation is that this is in the pistol section and I can nitpick and be pedantic to assuage my raging desire to own this thing. The only thing really keeping my desire in check is the cost of 9mm.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, you win!

And like previous stated: Does your car have a sunroof? A jeep/pick up?
That sounds like a fun time! Think about how much fun you can have chasing after pigs with that mounted on a vehicle!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8342 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Boys and girls, today we will discuss the concept of area denial. . Cool

Like most, I've been following this thread like a kid on Christmas morning, and have been to the website and watched a couple video reviews. I was aware of the original of course, and had gone to a gun show once when they had one of those slick dual 10/22 dual mag fed hand-crank .22 lead slingers on a mini tripod...but until this thread I was not aware of this wonderful Tippmann treasure chambered for 9mm using Glock mags and drums!!!

Were I able to own one, that would sooo get mounted to an ATV or trailer.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally got it today. Here are some better pics.

Posts: 1100 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Long term ammoholic
Picture of gunnutty
posted Hide Post
Wow very nice

Posts: 670 | Location: North Central Arkansas | Registered: February 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
That is REALLY cool!!!
Will you give us a range report when you shoot it?

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Every eighth round could be a cold tracer.

At night. Away from city lights.

Smile

Posts: 15893 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by usncorpsman:
Finally got it today. Here are some better pics.

Magnificent! America really is a great country! Smile

Out of curiosity, say some enterprising individual wanted to fabricate a fixed mount, or even a mount that allowed for standing or seated shooting, is it possible to remove the gun and the pivoting/ rotating T&E portion of the assembly (pintle??) and separate them from the wheeled portion of the chassis?

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
That is just too cool Cool

Enjoy your new toy.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arty:
That is REALLY cool!!!
Will you give us a range report when you shoot it?

Range video Cool

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Is your wife "easy" enough that you'll be allowed to keep it in the living room? You know, where you can see it directly across from your recliner? Big Grin Just for the first few weeks or whatever?

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ergoproxy
posted Hide Post
And here I thought, hmmm big claim. And then OP posted a pic of a mini gattling gun! Easily coolest of the year. Congrats!

Posts: 1158 | Location: USA | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
Is your wife "easy" enough that you'll be allowed to keep it in the living room? You know, where you can see it directly across from your recliner? Big Grin Just for the first few weeks or whatever?

That is never going to happen for even one minute Big Grin. Once all of our ADULT children are done with college and on their own, there will be plenty extra room.

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
The hate is strong with this one (unless we become shooting buddies. I’ve been eyeing these this year. You win.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Hmmm. Expecting any “mostly peaceful protests” in your neighborhood? Seems like just the ticket.
Awesome.

Posts: 18066 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You have my vote-I NEED one of those.................

The Islamic terrorist express: Go directly to Allah, do not pass hell.

Posts: 1386 | Location: Xanadu | Registered: May 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pursuing the wicked
Picture of rangemaster
posted Hide Post
I hope BETA will make a Glock C-MAG for that!

And, I'd buy one if they made it in .22LR.....

Posts: 1621 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post